Issues with ISY 994i - Defective PLM?

chris87

I was hoping that someone could help me troubleshoot my ISY 994i. My knowledge is very basic, so I'm not sure how to determine the issue. My system had been working perfectly up until now. When I open MobiLinc, none of the statuses appear. It just has a line where it normally says On/Off. The other day, I tried restarting the PLM and ISY. That didn't work, and I noticed that I couldn't get into the Administrative Console. I restarted again this morning, and I can now access it. I am getting the following message:

Your system is in Safe Mode! This is normally caused when the system cannot communicate with the PLM. Please check the connections/wiring to the PLM and then reboot your system. If the problem persists, in all likelihood, the PLM Is defective."

Is it likely that the PLM is defective, as the error message indicates? I was going to just buy a new one. It's almost 3 years old, and my understanding is that they don't last very long. I appreciate any help.

It does sound like the PLM maybe on its way out or failed. If it is over two years old and is a 2413S.

When you cycled the power. Did you power up the PLM first and allow it to initialize? Before powering the ISY994i controller?

Three years is very much at the edge for a 2413S PLM. Would you please indicate what the sticker on the back notes as the production and hardware revision along with the ISY firmware for the PLM?

Sorry for the delay. The sticker says 2413S V1.B 1420. My ISY firmware is v4.5.1, and UI is v4.3.2.6. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. I do not see a production/hardware revision sticker. There is a sticker on the bottom that says ISY994i SN: 520871. Is there somewhere within the console that I can find this information? My ISY firmware is v4.5.1, and UI is v4.3.2.6. Thanks.

Hello Chris87,

The information is printed on the back of the 2413S PLM for the production and hardware information. To obtain the firmware for the 2413S PLM select Tools-> Diagnostics -> PLM Info / Status.

Lastly, you need to download the correct UI as you have a mismatch. Failing to have both the firmware and the UI on the same level will result in odd behavior seen in the Admin Console and how it operates when using it. 

Hello Chris87,

The information is printed on the back of the 2413S PLM for the production and hardware information. To obtain the firmware for the 2413S PLM select Tools-> Diagnostics -> PLM Info / Status.

Lastly, you need to download the correct UI as you have a mismatch. Failing to have both the firmware and the UI on the same level will result in odd behavior seen in the Admin Console and how it operates when using it. 

I was looking at the ISY instead of the PLM. The sticker says 2413S V1.B 1420. When I try to get the status through the Console, it gives me a Not Connected error message. I will update the firmware now.

I was looking at the ISY instead of the PLM. The sticker says 2413S V1.B 1420. When I try to get the status through the Console, it gives me a Not Connected error message. I will update the firmware now.

Hello Chris87,

Just a quick tip as this will allow you to access the Admin Console in the future with out all the nag prompts. There is a version of firmware for the Z-Wave controllers. If you install this version it will enable you to navigate the Admin Console because it has an embedded flag that ignores the 2413S PLM as not being present.

Those with a hybrid environment like this very much because if the 2413S PLM dies. Any Z-Wave hardware they have will continue to operate via the ISY Series Controller.

Consider installing both the firmware and UI for this controller . . .

NOTE: It goes with out saying if the 2413S PLM is bad it doesn't help you in terms of programs, status, changes to the system. All this does is allows you to still access and manage the controller with out the nag prompts / errors.

It does sound like the PLM maybe on its way out or failed. If it is over two years old and is a 2413S.

When you cycled the power. Did you power up the PLM first and allow it to initialize? Before powering the ISY994i controller?

I'm not sure if I waited long enough before restoring power to the ISY. I tried it again with the way that you suggested, but it's still not working.

Archived