Fan control with 5.0.8

kzboray

I've been using 5.0.8 with Mobilinc and with fans have found an oddity. I'm not sure if it's Mobilinc or 5.0.8, but I wanted to at least mention it and a work around that I have found.

ISY admin/firmware - 5.0.8

Mobilinc - 4.11

iPad IOS - 9.3.5

If you setup a FanLinc with a 6-button KeypadLinc using scenes to control each button normally everything is great. The buttons appear and are reactive on the iPad and the fan responds as it should. The indicator lights on the KeypadLinc all mirror the input from Mobilinc on the iPad. Unfortunately If you press a button on the KeypadLinc, Mobilinc on the iPad shows it as selected and active, never as Off/Unselected. So if you press the button "A - HIGH" on the KeypadLinc, Mobilinc shows it as being active. The "D-OFF" key is also still shown as selected and active. If you now press the "B-Medium" key on the KeypadLinc, Mobilinc status now shows the "A-High", "B-Medium", and "D-OFF" buttons as all being active. Mobilinc will not update these as off unless you force an update of the lighting controller, or change a buttons status via ISY Admin. The KeypadLinc status lights and actual function are all acting as expected via the established scenes, but Mobilinc just never updates the OFF/Unselected status only the ON/Selected.

I found a workaround, but it's ugly and will not allow the "D-OFF" indicator to light when selected. 

Create four scenes as you normally would for a fan; High, Medium, Low, and OFF. Add all four KeypadLinc buttons to each scene and then set them up with the desired function of that scene as a controller/on. With the other three keys being responders/off. Pretty normal except do not include the Fanlinc itself. Now write four programs, one for each speed. The program will need to set the actual Fanlinc speed and control the indicator lights on the KeypadLinc via the scenes you created. Below is an example for one button on the KeypadLinc. Just duplicate this times three for the other keys.

If      Control KeypadLinc - Button B is ON
     Or Status KeypadLinc - Button B Status is ON

Then
          Set Fan Medium Scene ON 75% - This is setting the correct indicator light to on
          Set FanLinc Motor Medium - Sets the actual speed on the fan
Else

This will work and be reflected in Mobilinc correctly. If someone knows of a better way please let me know. Thank you.

Hi kzboray,

The way I've got my personal FanLincs setup is as follows and works in all conditions:

Create 4 scenes: OFF, LOW, MED, HIGH and include all four KPLs and the FanLinc Fan.

Example: For the LOW scene, set all the KPL's to OFF except for the LOW KPL. Set the FanLinc Fan to Low.

Repeat for the other three scenes.

Create 4 scenes: OFF BTN, LOW BTN, MED BTN, HIGH BTN and just place each KPL button into each scene as the only device as a responder.

Under Programs create 4 programs: Fan-HIGH, Fan-LOW, Fan-MEDIUM, Fan-OFF

Example program Fan-HIGH:

If 
   Status Fan is High
Then
    Set scene OFF BTN to Off
    Set scene LOW BTN to Off
    Set scene MED BTN to Off
    Set scene HIGH BTN to 100%

Repeat for the other three Fan stages.

This will keep MobiLinc and the KPL in sync if you tap the KPL button or if you tap the KPL in MobiLinc.

Wes

Archived