new Smarthome skill not working sporadically

brianp6621

I love the new smarthome skill but I've found at least twice now where it just doesn't work.

The normal (new) commands of "alexa turn off the bedroom" are met with a "that command doesn't work with that device". I believe that is what is said. However the older "Alexa tell mobilinc to turn off the bedroom" works fine. Then a few hours later all is well again.

Any idea?

Hi brianp6621,

On our webpage we have steps that may help with this, however, it does appear this is an Amazon issue with Alexa (if you do a Google search on that phrase, you'll see every Smart Home skill is impacted). We've already opened up a support ticket with Amazon to investigate why some users are seeing this response and hope they can help.

MobiLinc Alexa website

Wes

I'll take a look at these suggestions, however the only one that may be of use is to forget and rediscover them all. I have never had the ISY skill enabled and I know it isn't an issue of similar sounding devices as this happens to all devices during that impacted time period.

Same issue here.

I logged cases with MobiLinc support; got immediate help but no real solutions other than removing skills and adding them. I'm experiencing the same issue where the system doesn't work and then magically works again.

Perhaps if more people start logging complaints into MobiLinc we will get some action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

As I was digging into this over the weekend and this morning, I did find a case where it was possible a command issued at a certain time would fail for about an hour under certain conditions and then clear back up. I'm not certain this will fix every instance of the "that command doesn't work with device X" message, but it should certainly help. We still have an open ticket with Amazon to look at their end as well.

Please see if the deployed fix helps in your cases.

Wes

Archived