Insteon vs Homelink

If I unsderstand well your point, that means the trigger would be an open or close garage door (through the GDO and the IOlinc ). But I only want to open an Insteon light device with a free Homelink button, without having to open or close the garage door.

No Homelink button in the car mirror connects the the 635 GDO. The button "triggers" the IOLinc and then trigger any programs/scenes/lights you want.

Edit: Basically your pretending you have another GDO but you don't.

Another thought

If I wanted to use the third homelink button of my car to do another similar but unrelated task, would I absolutely need another kit (635lm-i/o link) ?

thanks

Jack

Yes because that IOLinc is specific to that GDO/Homelink button. It wouldnt know the difference between buttons. Then you start to run out of Homelink buttons bc the most I have seen in any car is three.

Hopefully this weekend I will take some pictures of my set up, so you have a better idea.

What cuz my post #24 on 06/18/15 is too hard to understand? Or because I didn't include pictures? Oh pix you say? My program is posted there too.

Edit: Want to make sure you know I am joking hence the

8b0089858cb82e25cd0484a08658ae88.jpg

d5f9fcfb99bf753ea23b7499338b2073.jpg

37fc482062b3cb5b543c54c7fd66e6fd.jpg

802fa9e5e903572f56e890e9403b674e.jpg

Hi

I'm having the exact same setup in my garage just next to the door.

I've paired one of my liftmaster remote with the 635lm and wrote two simple programs that can open and close my external lights with my isy.

Then, I have paired the remote with one homelink button in my car. The car is only a few feet away frome the garage door. I followed the same procedure of pairing the homelink button as I did with the other one wich open and close the garage door.

The problem :  With the liftmaster remote in the car, I can open the external lights, but with the homelink paired button it's not working, even if I open the garage door.

Any idea of a solution ?

Thanks

Jack

Archived