Google Home Support

InsteonNut

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

FYI: The MobiLinc Connect integration with Google Home/Assistant is technically live, but there are still issues on Google's end. Namely getting your items back to Google Home/Assistant when you change anything. Google has a solution in-progress, but hasn't released it yet. Hang tight, I will announce when this is actually ready. For now, if you want to try Google Home, you'll need to unlink and relink your skill every time you make changes to your devices, scenes, programs. For more details and the setup steps needed see the website: http://mobilinc.com/features/googleassistant/ The website will be updated as Google addresses the workarounds on their end.

Wes

Hi Folks,

Google announced MobiLinc at Google IO this morning as one of the partners for home controls and Google Assistant.

MobiLincGoogleIO2017-2.JPG

While MobiLinc is live in Google Home, there are workarounds in place if you change your names of the devices/scenes/programs and to get these synced back to Google Assistant. Details are in the emails generated by MobiLinc Connect during account linking as well as on the website: http://mobilinc.com/...oogleassistant/ 

We're working with Google on a better way to resync changes back to Google Assistant and hope to have an announcement soon on this. 

Wes

This is working well for me now. Soooo cool! I love that I can limit what I want to have visible to Google Home. Performance has been quite good as well. This enabled me to remove my Hue integration from Google Home since using this instead keeps everything in sync. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing around with my new google home. I would have to say it's not as seamless as the amazon echo but I believe it will get there soon. I do have one question, I cannot seem to link the programs I've created under the "Voice" folder, has anyone else had this issue?

Hi RGKS,

When you add programs to the Voice folder, you have to make sure to do these two steps in order:

1. Save your programs via the Admin Console.

2. Say "Ok Google, tell MobiLinc Connect to refresh devices.

Once you get the confirmation email you can then:

1. Unlink the Google Home MobiLinc Smart Home Skill

2. Relink the Google Home MobiLinc Smart Home Skill

This is the only way currently for Google to pull in an updated list of devices/scenes/programs from the "refresh devices" step above.

For the full setup/configuration see our website: http://mobilinc.com/features/googleassistant/

Wes

I have ISY Portal, Google Home as well as Mobilinc Pro (on my Iphone).

I currently control  my ISY devices with Google Home through ISY Portal. This works very well.

What would Mobilinc do with Google Home that I can currently not do with ISY Portal / Google Home ?

Hi RGKS,

When you add programs to the Voice folder, you have to make sure to do these two steps in order:

1. Save your programs via the Admin Console.

2. Say "Ok Google, tell MobiLinc Connect to refresh devices.

Once you get the confirmation email you can then:

1. Unlink the Google Home MobiLinc Smart Home Skill

2. Relink the Google Home MobiLinc Smart Home Skill

This is the only way currently for Google to pull in an updated list of devices/scenes/programs from the "refresh devices" step above.

For the full setup/configuration see our website: http://mobilinc.com/features/googleassistant/

Wes

Google Home doesn't refresh my devices. Replies that it's not supported for Canadian English. Could the google home Canada setup be causing this issue?

Hi asbril,

The ISY Portal and MobiLinc Connect Google Home features are the same. Where the portals differ is with MobiLinc Connect and iOS you'll gain push notifications and the Today View widget.

RGKS,

That's an odd response. When you setup this up initially, were you able to control your devices but not your programs? If so, then you had the right links in place at one point to sync your ISY data to MobiLinc Connect and then to Google Home. Can you think of anything that changed?

Wes

Did you have Alexa setup at one point? The only way devices/scenes/programs can sync to Alexa or Google Home is by telling MobiLinc Connect to refresh devices. If you make any changes to your setup, you have to tell Alexa/Google Home to refresh devices to pull in the changes.

All setup/configuration steps are on our website: http://mobilinc.com/features/googleassistant/

Wes

I plugged in my Amazon echo and had Alexa refresh my devices. Programs are now in the list for my google home. So the only issue I have now is that I can't use google home to refresh. I'm either getting doesn't support canadian english or I can't help with that. Looking at the history it understands correctly but instead of hearing mobilinc it hears mobilink. Would that make a difference.

RGKS,

It doesn't sound like you have the MobiLinc agent linked in addition to the Home Control agent. If you say, "Ok Google, tell MobiLinc Connect to refresh devices", Google Assistant should see that you don't have the MobiLinc custom agent linked and offer you a linking card via the Home app to link to your MobiLinc Connect account so you can voice refresh your device list just like Alexa. Please note you MUST say MobiLinc Connect like: "moby link connect" for Google to understand you.

Wes

Archived