Remotelinc 2 4 Scene v 1.7/ 8 Scene v 2.05

I had a remotelinc go bad. When I went to replace with new one ISY gave a response as unsupported device 027.  ISY did load it as ABCD, however it appears as a module therefore it will not recognize as a controller.  I also had a new remotelinc 8 scene and it also loaded as an unsupported device with the same results. Would anyone know if this is an ISY issue or coincidentally I have 2 bad remotelincs? 

ISY software is up to date and have had no other issues other than this....

I also rebooted ISY with negative results.

Hello,

Some basics to ensure a positive outcome are these:

ISY CONTROLLER:

- ISY Firmware and UI both match

- Clear Java Cache upon new firmware load

- Confirm proper coupling / bridging via the 4 tap beacon test outlined in any full users manual.

- Identify any noise makers / signal suckers and filter, remove, replace as required.

ADDING NEW INSTEON DEVICES:

- Always hard reset all new devices outlined in the full users manual.

- Ensure the device is fully charged or using fresh batteries.

- In the Admin Console selecting the two colored *Whirling Arrows* select this option and follow the message.

- Ensure you press and hold the RL2 until its flashing which denotes its in linking mode.

MANUAL LINKING METHOD:

You have two choices which is to use *Link Management* listed at the top and then selecting the RL2 of choice. Or press the light bulb icon when the pop up appears enter the Insteon address and enter a friendly name of choice.

Do not confuse a 8 with a B or a 0 vs o - Also when entering the Insteon address you must enter a period (.) no spaces are allowed so it would be 2E.5G.BB for example not 2E 5G BB

At this time you have two choice leave it in *Auto Discover* which is the recommended choice. Or select it from the drop down list and choose the appropriate hardware in use.

NOTE: The RL2 must be in range of a dual band RF device to link properly. If you don't have very many bring it to the 2413S PLM which is attached to the ISY Series Controller. If you still have a older *Single Band* 2412S PLM you need to bring the RL2 to a dual band device to ensure linking.

Thank you for the quick response.  Checking on the very first suggestion I am seeing that the firmware is 4.5.4, but the UI is 4.2.18........ I have no idea how to fix this

Go to the 4.5.4 Beta thread and in the instructions it lists off where to down load the correct Admin UI. Please ensure you clear the Java Cache by selecting all check box's. When this process is completed the previous ISY 994 Admin desktop icon will be removed from the desktop.

You will simply go to your download folder and click on the new Admin UI and it will install a new one to your desktop. Once that portion is completed you may continue the next steps. You can skip the coupling / noise steps and proceed to the next linking options and circle back to the other two later.

The UI is a Java app that lives on your desktop/notebook computer. It has to be updated to match when you update your ISY.

There is a copy of the UI app that can be downloaded from your ISY. And there is one that UDI maintains online as well. You can download either one.

Instructions are on the Wiki, where you can also find the answers to many other questions!

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop

You can just click on the link in the Wiki article to download to your desktop. That will always give you the latest released version. If you need an older version, you will find a link in the forum post with the firmware version announcement.

Or you can download right from your ISY, and then there is no question about the version. You will need to know the IP address of your ISY:

http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp

Substitute the IP address of your ISY for "your.isy.ip.address".

Unfortunately, the UI app doesn't update itself. It would be nice if it would check with the ISY and update! We have all become accustomed to apps that update themselves...

The UI is a Java app that lives on your desktop/notebook computer. It has to be updated to match when you update your ISY.

There is a copy of the UI app that can be downloaded from your ISY. And there is one that UDI maintains online as well. You can download either one.

Instructions are on the Wiki, where you can also find the answers to many other questions!

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop

You can just click on the link in the Wiki article to download to your desktop. That will always give you the latest released version. If you need an older version, you will find a link in the forum post with the firmware version announcement.

Or you can download right from your ISY, and then there is no question about the version. You will need to know the IP address of your ISY:

http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp

Substitute the IP address of your ISY for "your.isy.ip.address".

Unfortunately, the UI app doesn't update itself. It would be nice if it would check with the ISY and update! We have all become accustomed to apps that update themselves...

Thank you......I have successfully updated and it has resolved my remotelinc issues!

Go to the 4.5.4 Beta thread and in the instructions it lists off where to down load the correct Admin UI. Please ensure you clear the Java Cache by selecting all check box's. When this process is completed the previous ISY 994 Admin desktop icon will be removed from the desktop.

You will simply go to your download folder and click on the new Admin UI and it will install a new one to your desktop. Once that portion is completed you may continue the next steps. You can skip the coupling / noise steps and proceed to the next linking options and circle back to the other two later.

Thank you.....It has resolved my issue :)

Archived