Foscams19821 v2 used as motion detectiors

ES1400

I'm looking to use some of my foscan 19821 v2 as motion detectors that can be detected by my ISY (up-to-date V4) system. I have full control of the cams telling them where and what I want detected, recorded and FTPed back to a PC system.

my question is "has anyone tried to flag the ISY when a alarm record has started.  if so,  what UD ISY tools got it to work?"

being able to reposition the cam to different positions, changing the alarm detection mask depending on different interest and then  flag the ISY while using the same cam location would really be useful.

I think there must be a method to detect the cam FTP process or other cam alarm processes via the ISY network (monitoring ? ) , I think Foscam must send a flag indicating recording has begun and when recording has stopped.

any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas

I can give you a partial answer. I don't use those specific cameras. Generally speaking the ISY gives network commands rather than receives them. So there's [probably] not a direct way to have an IP camera tell the ISY that it detected motion without additional hardware.

With the API for the camera you could (depending on camera) put together a network resource in the ISY to, for example change the position of the camera or maybe start recording for that matter based on some trigger event.

If you have a PC program watching the cameras and the desire to presumably learn something new you can look into the REST interface with the ISY? I haven't done that yet.

Here I have a photobeam sensor that tells the ISY via my ELK to trigger a network resource and have certain cameras email/text a few pictures to me. My NVR also has output contacts that can be used as triggers in my ELK. Haven't used them but could be another way to tell the ISY (via more hardware) that an NVR "saw something"

PS - is this indoor or outdoor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few cameras ship with a PIR motion detector, and in-camera motion detection varies from absolutely awful to merely lousy.

I can give you a partial answer. I don't use those specific cameras. Generally speaking the ISY gives network commands rather than receives them. So there's [probably] not a direct way to have an IP camera tell the ISY that it detected motion without additional hardware.

The ability to have a camera trigger an ISY-994 action depends on the camera/firmware.  

Many advanced cameras have a feature where they can make an outbound HTTP call upon motion detection, this can be a REST command to the ISY to run a program, like so:
post-2758-0-55208400-1491495452_thumb.png

post-2758-0-55208400-1491495452.png

This camera also has a digital I/O connector, such that it will close a circuit when it sees motion.   You could wire that "alarm output" circuit to an IOlinc or Open/Close sensor and use that as a condition for a program.

Archived