Re: Chunked Data. Is it just me?

andyf0

The portal web access tool seems to take forever to display all the devices when using "Chunked Data". I can literally sit and twiddle my thumbs while waiting for the display to come up. Switching back to Default seems to make it much faster, maybe 1 second or so.

The portal web access tool seems to take forever to display all the devices when using "Chunked Data". I can literally sit and twiddle my thumbs while waiting for the display to come up. Switching back to Default seems to make it much faster, maybe 1 second or so.

It was reported that the portal does not yet support it, and if you are a portal user chunked encoding should not be enabled yet.

Response time with chunked encoding should be faster than without it. I measured it with my own ISY in the prod environment, and for /rest/nodes, it was 20% faster. I was getting 850ms from request to completed response, vs 1.05s without chunked encoding. That's the round trip from browser< -> ISY Portal <-> ISY.

While testing I found a subtle bug that was fixed this morning. This may be what you experienced.

Benoit

Archived