Resource Manager disables ISY?

Andrew

Ok - I don't totally get RM.

Bought/Installed not realizing I wouldn't be able to do something like tell it to turn off a light in 20 minutes...

Anyway - the issue is that my programs aren't running now. (I just re-enabled them manually.)

There wasn't anything else changed other than Resource Manager being installed and played around with a little bit, but certainly nothing intentionally disabling my programs.

I wasn't able to find much info on Resource Manager - perhaps I should have asked/waited. Is there a comprehensive guide?

Thoughts?

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

When you install RM into MobiLinc and configure it, MobiLinc writes a new root folder called "Resource Manager v1.0" to your Programs list and does all it's work inside of that folder. It cannot touch programs outside of the Resource Manager v1.0 folder. If you have a series of steps that you can send me that shows your programs outside of the root Resource Manager folder getting disabled, I'm very interested in seeing this so I can get this fixed if Resource Manager is somehow causing it.

You probably aren't doing this, but one thing to keep in mind is since MobiLinc is writing/updating Resource Manager programs while you are using RM in MobiLinc, if you also have the ISY Admin Console open and modifying programs at the same time, there is a (small) possibility that both edits at the same time caused a conflict somewhere. The ISY is good at keeping multiple edits safe, but I wouldn't recommend that as a practice.

The quick overview guide for RM is on our website at the bottom of this page: http://mobilinc.com/features/plugins/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at: support@mobilinc.com

Wes

Thanks Wes - 

I'll take a look at that.

I wouldn't know what steps to look at/for, though, as my "morning" scene (normally turns on a few lights before I go downstairs, then turns them off later) was disabled - I hadn't touched the ISY programming, or even opened it, though.

Is there a way to simply disable any/all RM functions?

[edit] Follow-up: after re-activating my ISY "morning" scene, it is working this morning.

I'll look back at the guide - but, simply - is there a way to set a "countdown timer" so that, for example, I can "turn off all lights in 30 minutes" ?

I probably should have asked a bit more about the plug-in, but as far as I can tell I can achieve the same programming via the ISY interface - is that correct?

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

To disable RM open MobiLinc and go to Settings->Lighting Controller to turn off RM or enable RM globally.

RM was designed to take the most common ISY programming tasks and make them dead easy to setup in MobiLinc (which writes these as ISY programs). These include:

- Device and Scene Timers (up to 4 per device/scene).

- Having Devices/Scenes turn on in response to motion detected.

- Automatically turning scenes/devices off after X minutes once turned on.

I'm not sure if this matches your use case, but if you had a scene or device that once turned on you wanted turned off after 30 minutes, you can use RM to do that.

Wes

Ok, I get it.

I'd like to see a simple "countdown timer", e.g. "turn off living room light in 20 minutes", rather than having it turn on at a specific time and turn off 20 minutes later.

I'd also like to see random properties added.

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The way the auto-off feature works doesn't require you to use the app. If a device/scene has the auto-off feature enabled, when you physically turn on that device/scene that starts the timer. That may or may not be what you are looking for, but just to clarify that's how this is implemented.

What are random properties?

Wes

Archived