PLM fireware

I got an email that the PLM firmware in my Inteon hub was going to be updated, I looked at the change log and they changed how the PLM communicates. Why cant we update the PLM firmware on the other PLM's if this update is so fantastic and corrects communication protocols?

Just curious

The 2413S PLM has no way to update the firmware remotely with software.

It has two sets of five electronic connections. One set for the main controller and the other set for the RF interface controller. Where you have to connect a programmer to change the firmware. Even a low end programmer would be over what most would want to pay for.

Smartlabs/Smarthome will not give out the needed firmware file. I have not seen any third party hardware developer say they where given the firmware files. Let alone the general public.

Most of the Insteon modules have a power line derived power supply and the five connection programming pads. Opening up the case to access the programming pads puts the user in a possible shock hazard situation. Many of the modules have the live AC Line voltage on the +5 volt logic supply. That is also one of the connections on the programming pads. Last thing they want is a user to get a shock or burn up the module with an accidental short between connections.

Archived