Door Locks for insteon Hub / network

Dutchaz

I am looking for some door locks to at to my Insteon system, anyone have any ideas what brand/ model will work? Thnx

If you have the Z-Wave module for your ISY994iZw, there are several threads discussing the various Z-Wave brands of locks.

Without Z-Wave, your best option is the MorningLinc (MI) controller and locks

So if I use a MorningLinc with a insteon door controller I wont be able to see if its open or closed ?

That's correct. If you don't need to know the status, then sending a lock command will still lock the lock no matter the state of the lock.

I wouldn't recommend Insteon for locks due to the lack of security. Z-Wave is a better choice for this use case, and Yale and Schlage are both excellent options

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Do you mean security of the lock itself? Morning Industry locks are high quality and very secure.

Do you mean security of the lock itself? Morning Industry locks are high quality and very secure.

Presumably, giesen means "secure communication link to the lock", which is lacking from Insteon solutions (and Insteon protocol in general), but supported by most (all?) ZWave locks.

Archived