mobilink

silverton38

I enabled Mobilink to an ISY that has the ISY Portal on. It is now not accessible with the ISY Portal as soon as I enabled Mobilink (paid a $1 for the module).

To use the ISY Portal, that's a different module. The purchase of the module enables a two year subscription to the portal.

The Mobilinc module ($1) is the module needed to connect to the Mobilinc Connect subscription portal service.

You cannot have both (as you are finding out). You will need to contact support to have the Mobilinc module removed and refunded if you wish to continue using ISY Portal.

I do like to experiment. I am installer and I do get a lot off people wanting both an app and Amazon and/or google home integration. I will just push people to web access.

Maybe you should put a warning on the module so that people do not make the same mistake that I made or do not allow it to be purchased if you have one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the MobiLinc Pro app for a couple of years and recently signed up for the ISY Portal. Is there any reason to continue using this app? Mobilinc hasn't seen significant updates in quite a while and the UI still looks more like a prototype than a finished product.

I've had the MobiLinc Pro app for a couple of years and recently signed up for the ISY Portal. Is there any reason to continue using this app? Mobilinc hasn't seen significant updates in quite a while and the UI still looks more like a prototype than a finished product.

By the question, I assume you have the Android version.

The IOS version has seen improvements over the last couple of years, but the Android version got Tasker support, then all development appears to have stopped on it. Most of us have switched to Agave.

By the question, I assume you have the Android version.

The IOS version has seen improvements over the last couple of years, but the Android version got Tasker support, then all development appears to have stopped on it. Most of us have switched to Agave.

No, I'm using the iOS version of MLP, lol - the android version is even worse?. I purchase these apps with the goal of simplifying my life, not to add another layer of complexity.

No, I'm using the iOS version of MLP, lol - the android version is even worse?. I purchase these apps with the goal of simplifying my life, not to add another layer of complexity.

I have never viewed the routine use of a cell phone to control lighting to be a "simplification". Automating the lighting to come on correctly and without (or limited) human intervetion is my idea of smplification. Perhaps having the ability to control things,while away is a nice convenience, but even that is, arguably, an increase in complexity rather than a simplification, offering a capability not available before.

I must be in the minority...I still find mobilinc (android) the superior app for my purposes. Tasker integration and widgets are a major selling point for me that the others lack, last I checked. Neither do I get all that upset because an app does not keep up with the ever-evolving tastes of jony ive, but is otherwise functional.

Before Agave, I used only Tasker to control the things I wanted, and AutoRemote for updating widgets based on iSY events.

I now use Agave, but have kept the AutoRemote bits. And yes, I purchased Mobilinc (Android) a long time ago. It's shelfware now mainly because it simply hasn't kept up.

Anyway, my Tablet is IOS, and I do use Mobilinc there. I actually like the solution on iPad..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived