Can't change URL

ArunGupta2014

I have configured primary and secondary URLs to access Agave. Now I want to remove the secondary URL. Agave is not allowing me to either delete or modify the secondary URL. When I press Save, the phone vibrates briefly and then nothing happens. The URL remains unchanged. I am logged in correctly and all the light controls are working fine.

How do I modify the URL?

Thanks,

Arun

I have configured primary and secondary URLs to access Agave. Now I want to remove the secondary URL. Agave is not allowing me to either delete or modify the secondary URL. When I press Save, the phone vibrates briefly and then nothing happens. The URL remains unchanged. I am logged in correctly and all the light controls are working fine.

How do I modify the URL?

Thanks,

Arun

I really should add a remove. It doesn't exist right now. As for changing. Agave requires that the device have access to the URL before it can save. If the test connection fails, the URL will not save.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Something is not right. Agave is saving both the primary and secondary URL which means that both are working. Then I change Agave to always use primary URL and Agave fails to connect to the ISY. There is no error but when I try to turn on any light, I just see an "Update failure" message flash briefly and the light does not turn on.

It is on the same subnet. However, I am using split DNS to do name resolution. So, when the phone is connected to the home network, the host name myisy.dyndns.org resolves to internal IP address of 192.168.100.98. When connected to public network or LTE, the name myisy.dyndns.org resolves to the public IP address.via DynDNS.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having difficulty making this accept an address which I know works (I use it for MobiLink). I did discover that "Agave requires that the device have access to the URL before it can save. If the test connection fails, the URL will not save." - might I suggest that a meaningful dialog message be returned to the user instead of nothing happening at all? 

Well rather than start a new thread: I've managed to get Agave to connect to my ISY from outside my home network but I had to use my external IP vs my "no-ip.com" address which I use as my IP from my ISP isn't static. Are we not allowed to us DNS names in place of IP addresses?

Well rather than start a new thread: I've managed to get Agave to connect to my ISY from outside my home network but I had to use my external IP vs my "no-ip.com" address which I use as my IP from my ISP isn't static. Are we not allowed to us DNS names in place of IP addresses?

Should work just fine.  I use no-ip.com myself.  I have however never tried to use the same hostname for both my internal and external name resolution.  Could you send me your debug logs from Agave when you are setup this way so that I can attempt to correct the issue if there is one.

I am using my internal IP for primary and now my external IP for my secondary (not the same hostname for both). 

- Enabled Debugging
- Went to ISY Settings
-- made the change to the secondary address
- Went to Home
-- Turned a light on
- Went back to settings 
-- Saved Debug Log
-- Disabled Debugging

- Enabled Debugging
- Went to ISY Settings
-- Made the change to the secondary address
- Went back to settings 
-- Saved Debug Log
-- Disabled Debugging

Your logs appear to be quite verbose; I had a look through and can't find any trace of my no-ip address in them either. If I'm doing something wrong let me know; I've honestly not spent a whole lot of time on here yet to see how you typically ask for this information. 

Archived