Echo stopped discovering devices on one Amazon account

Kev1000000

For over a year, I have been running two Amazon Echos in my home, both on separate accounts (as described by the Wiki), with near 100% reliability.  The two accounts are mine + my wife's, and we're in an "Amazon Household."  This is has been perfect up until two weeks ago.

On my account, no devices can be discovered at all.  My wife's account discovers devices and works just fine.

I've already tried...

• Disabling/Re-enabling the skill on my account.
  • Unlinking/Re-linking my amazon account through the ISY portal.
  • Disabling the skill on my wife's account and enabling the skill on my account.
  • Factory resetting the Echo
  • De-registering the Echo from my account and re-registering.

If I use the "switch accounts" voice command, the Echo that normally doesn't work will work when logged into my wife's account, so clearly this isn't a hardware problem.  For whatever reason, my account can not communicate to this skill correctly, even after doing all of the above troubleshooting steps.

Anyone have any ideas?  I am at a loss.

You mentioned that the account was working. What happened to the devices/scenes/programs that were working? Do they no longer exist? Which specific Alexa skill do you have installed for the ISY?

All of the devices, programs, and scenes exist.  Alexa just doesn't pull any of them that are associated with my account.  Any devices, programs, and scenes that are associated with my wife's account work just fine and are discoverable via Alexa.

This started happening out of the blue.  No changes from my end.

I wasn't clear. Do the original device/program/scenes that worked with Alexa still exist in the Alexa app, not just the portal. Also I don't know what, "Alexa just doesn't pull any of them," means.

You mentioned that the account was working. What happened to the devices/scenes/programs that were working? Do they no longer exist? Which specific Alexa skill do you have installed for the ISY?

??? Q1 and Q3, especially.

Q1: Nothing happened to the physical devices.  They are easily controllable via ISY, the API, etc.

Q3: I am using the Optimized for Smart Home skill, not the custom "ask izzy.."

I know everything on the ISY-side is fine.  ISY didn't lose communication to the devices, the ISY API works great with these devices, and if I add spoken word names to these devices in my wife's account, the Alexa app can discover them.

It is JUST my Alexa account that cannot discover any of the devices/programs I've added spoken words for.  I have a bunch of them added on my account, Alexa just never finds them.  I assumed I just lost the auth token or something, so I already disabled/re-enabled the skill dozens of times and re-linked my Amazon account via the ISY Portal.  Nothing ever solves it though.  My Alexa account never finds the devices.

You had Alexa working. That means that there were visible Insteon items in the Alexa app. Now there are none. What happened to cause the existing Insteon items to no longer be there?

OK, it's up to us. Delete your account from the portal, then add your account back. You will have to re-add everything. Start with one, then try discovery. Unless someone chimes in with a different idea.

Archived