KP Troubleshooting

Hi - I have had an Insteon/ISY system installed for a couple years and all has worked well until a few months ago, when on KP stopped responding.  I tried Restoring the device, resetting to factory settings and then writing updates/restoring and nothing worked.

Since I am adding Echo to the system, I finally had to take the time to take the dual gang apart and re-tighten/test all the connections - and it seems to have helped.  Now I can get the 4 middle KP switches to control their respective scenes, but (1) the primary light is not operating correctly (I can turn it on/off by the TOP KP switch only - bottom KP switch does not do anything) and (2) the top and bottom larger buttons seem to "8-button KP mode" since the two lights for each switch will light independently depending on which part of button is pressed

**** Update - I did another factory reset (I don't remember how many I have done) and it works properly - sometimes.  After hitting KP "D" one time, the KP made a short buzz and both the "D" KP and "Bottom/Off" KP stayed lit.  I did another reset and its working, for now.

+1 on concern that keypad was originally 8-button version.  Depending on how much work, you could remove from ISY, perform a factory reset (again) and re-add.  When doing so, does it show up as 8-button?

Inability to turn off load from lower buttons suggest to me an issue with the device, itself.  

Archived