Insteon Remote Wireless thermostat and support within ISY994i

leonpc

I am wondering if the ISY994 supports the remote thermostats(2441ZTH) ability to have an addition temperature sensor(2433A3).  It seems like you can add you can add a waterproof sensor to the thermostat and it it will display the temperature of the remote sensor on the screen.  Can I see this temperature reported in ISY and make decisions based on it? 

What I want to do is use the 2441ZTH outside in a weatherproof container and have the remote sensor 2433A3 monitor the water temperature in the hot tab.  Initially I want to be able to see and report the outside temperature and the hot tub temperature within ISY.  Now sometime in the future I would like to maybe have some program react to the temperature being reported but that is not a requirement for now..

Thanks in advance

Unless something was changed recently. No it can't.

It only displays the remote probe temperature on its own display and does not send it to the ISY994i.

There is a long thread here. Where the internal sensor was disconnected and the remote sensor was connected.

Then the remote probe data was sent to the ISY994i.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/9152-how-to-monitor-water-temp-via-isy-and-catch-more-fish/?hl=2441zth

I recently bought and returned two of these 2441zth thermostats.

The third one I kept but it will only report to the ISY whether cooling is being called. The first one I could not get to link. The second one linked but returned no info to the ISY.

I have two others that work just fine. I am running firmware and UI 4.6.2. It displays the temperature just fine.

Thanks Brian for the quick response.

I actually remember looking at that thread oh about 6 months ago while browsing for interesting ideas.

If you read through the thread it points to another thread where the thermostat is seen sending the remote probe information but the ISY is ignoring it.  Part of the reason was given as the ISY not capable to hand the variable setting.  I know there are major changes in the v5 firmware.

Is there a time that ISY will show the remote probe temperature and when this can be used in programs?

Although I am a novice in their use, I have found the CAO tags excellent at reporting temperature. As to whether they can be set up to report through the ISY, I don't know. They are readily accessible using an app. They are cloud based so some will criticize that as a limitation but, thus far, I have had no problems whatsoever. A final plus for me is their amazing range, hundreds of feet under the best conditions. I am just starting to test them to detect door openings. So far, that has been very promising. They are tiny devices that use CR2032 batteries. There is a thread on this forum that addresses the tags. You may want to check it out. 

Archived