Questions about Mobilinc

integraoligist

So I'm looking to setup our new ISY994 Zwave IR unit and also setup our 2 Echo Dots.

My understanding was that in order to use the Echos that we had to subscribe to the Universal portal or something like that for $50 for 2-years for the Echos to work.

But I'm wanting to be notified on my Android when certain things are done at the home, i.e. a garage door opens... I dont see a way for the Echo to send notifications, so I am looking into this Mobilinc app.

I was looking at the Mobilinc site and from what I'm understanding is if we purchase the Pro app for $20, and do a direct link to the ISY, then we would be able to get Notifications on the android devices, as well as use the Echos while in the home... without having to purchase the $50 2-year subscription service from Universal.... is that correct?

And if so, the $20 for the Mobilinc app is just a 1 time fee, there is no subscriptions needed?  But if these is, what is the cost of it and purpose?

Thanks!

Hi Integraoligist,

MobiLinc Pro for Android is a one-time fee of $19.99. We also offer MobiLinc Connect which enables anywhere access without port forwarding your ISY and exposing your ISY to the greater internet. MobiLinc Connect also fully supports Alexa and Google Home/Assistant and IFTTT Maker channel if you use those services as well. MobiLinc Connect is optional and $29.99 per ISY per year to gain those integrated features.

On the iOS side we offer integrated push notifications for real-time alerts. For Android notifications, the ISY offers text or email notifications and we've heard of folks using Push Bullet to bridge that gap between the ISY and their Android phones for notification purposes.

Feel free to reach us direct with any questions you have at: support@mobilinc.com

Wes

List of more questions for you.

1. So we Must have the Connect subscription in order to use Alexa and IFTTT? They will not work with just a direct connection?

2. If we use the UD Portal instead of Connect from Mobi, what are the difference between the subscriptions if all they are doing is allowing Alexa and IFTTT to communicate to the ISY?

3. I see we can add our IP cameras to the Mobilinc app... when doing so, are we able to review footage recorded from an the NVR or is this just viewing a live feed directly from the camera itself?  I noticed the $8 per camera charge for the recording function... this is just for using your cloud service to record motion for 30 days, we would not need to pay $8 a camera to view a live feed or through the NVR, correct?

4.We are looking to put a couple of android tablets mounted in the walls near the entrances of the home, all of the devices will have the same Google account, so when we make a custom screen in your app, will it go into the cloud and be on all the androids? Or do we setup each android display individually?  Example, I want the android phone to show just the arm/disarm buttons and status of the alarms and notify (by text until its straightened out) me if a motion sensor or door/window is open.... while on the Tablet in the home, display a button to open/close a gate and a live camera feed of the gate.... and on Tablet #2 show lighting scenes and so on.

Thanks

Hi Integraoligist,

1. So we Must have the Connect subscription in order to use Alexa and IFTTT? They will not work with just a direct connection?

Yes, MobiLinc Connect is required. It's not possible with a direct connection. A cloud service must be involved to interface between the ISY and the service in question.

2. If we use the UD Portal instead of Connect from Mobi, what are the difference between the subscriptions if all they are doing is allowing Alexa and IFTTT to communicate to the ISY?

MobiLinc Connect is made for MobiLinc and initially was created to solve the remote access problem in accessing the ISY when outside of your house. MobiLinc Connect has evolved to support many features in MobiLinc for iOS like: Today View, geo-fencing, variables, Near Me, iBeacons, Apple Watch and more that are unsupported by the UDI Portal. For MobiLinc iOS and Android, anywhere access, Alexa, IFTTT, Google Home/Assistant are all supported.

3. I see we can add our IP cameras to the Mobilinc app... when doing so, are we able to review footage recorded from an the NVR or is this just viewing a live feed directly from the camera itself?  I noticed the $8 per camera charge for the recording function... this is just for using your cloud service to record motion for 30 days, we would not need to pay $8 a camera to view a live feed or through the NVR, correct?

The IP Camera plug-in for MobiLinc/iOS is live feed only. The Camera Event feature is an optional subscription add-on for iOS devices that enable motion alerts/history/smart notifications using intelligent vision analysis. 

4.We are looking to put a couple of android tablets mounted in the walls near the entrances of the home, all of the devices will have the same Google account, so when we make a custom screen in your app, will it go into the cloud and be on all the androids? Or do we setup each android display individually?  Example, I want the android phone to show just the arm/disarm buttons and status of the alarms and notify (by text until its straightened out) me if a motion sensor or door/window is open.... while on the Tablet in the home, display a button to open/close a gate and a live camera feed of the gate.... and on Tablet #2 show lighting scenes and so on.

Each Android device will need to be setup separately. 

Wes

Also, if you take a look at the Wiki I’ve put together a series of Tasker tasks and profiles to directly control your ISY without needing any other app on your Android. This can be done directly to your ISY (with port forwarding and a certificate) or via the Mobilinc Connect or ISY Portals.

Archived