ISY Portal Maintenance - 11-12-2017

bmercier

My Google Home's are linked to an account for this location since I have two homes, but I log into the portal is using my main account.  I just added a login for the on portal for the same google account that the Google Home's are linked to and I got the same error, I then unlinked/linked the Google Home for that account and the "Send Spokens to Google Home" worked.

So, as you said.  The Google account you use to login to the Portal must be the same google account that the Google Home's are linked to, and it seems like the Google Home must be linked to that account after it's created in the Portal.

Thanks for adding this!  Now hopefully Room support can be configured in the Portal someday :)

Jimbo, Seno,

The email address used to login to ISY portal is irrelevant.

In the Google Home App, when you link with Universal devices, you need to enter an ISY Portal user and password. 

When you want to sync in ISY Portal, you must be logged in using the same ISY Portal user and password.

@Jimbo, room support, although available in the API, is not yet implemented at Google. I got a confirmation from a Google engineer. Whenever they support it, we will.

Benoit

Jimbo, Seno,

In the Google Home App, when you link with Universal devices, you need to enter an ISY Portal user and password. 

When you want to sync in ISY Portal, you must be logged in using the same ISY Portal user and password.

@Jimbo, room support, although available in the API, is not yet implemented at Google. I got a confirmation from a Google engineer. Whenever they support it, we will.

Benoit

Benoit

OK understood. That is indeed what I have and it works for me.  For a moment I had understood that I needed to use  my gmail account in ISY Portal for  the "Send Spoken" to Google Home .

I guess that I will figure out the "Send Spoken" but in the meantime I can synchronize from within the Google Home App.

Hi Michael,

Please make sure to be logged it with the same ISY Portal user that you used for linking.

Benoit

I am sure... That’s not the issue. I’ve only ever used one of the accounts in my Portal for Google interactions, and that the same account I’m logged in with.

Jimbo, Seno,

Benoit

Ok, then it must be the link/unlink that fixed it? Because previously I was using the same account.

And thanks for checking on room support.

I am sure... That’s not the issue. I’ve only ever used one of the accounts in my Portal for Google interactions, and that the same account I’m logged in with.

Could you try to unlink/re-link?

When we link, this sends a unique ID to Google. Then, when we synchronise, I pass that ID to Google. The error that we see happens when Google reports that it could not find the ID.

Benoit

Could you try to unlink/re-link?

When we link, this sends a unique ID to Google. Then, when we synchronise, I pass that ID to Google. The error that we see happens when Google reports that it could not find the ID.

Benoit

The unlink and relink seemed to solve the issue for me. At least with an initial test.

Thanks!

For now, rooms set in ISY Portal are not used by Google Home. It's useful only for you to categorize in ISY Portal.

Eventually, this will be used by Google Home, but they don't use it yet.

Benoit

When you unlink/re-link, yes.

When only updating, it should not.

Benoit

I have unlinked and linked again several times but the updating option does not show in my GH App (even though it did last week)........

Still get this in ISY Portal  :    Error sending your spokens. Is Google Home linked?

GH  IS linked and I can control my lights with GH

I have unlinked and linked again several times but the updating option does not show in my GH App (even though it did last week)........

Still get this in ISY Portal  :    Error sending your spokens. Is Google Home linked?

GH  IS linked and I can control my lights with GH

Seno,

The updating option in GH App, we have no control over that. 

The updating option in ISY Portal should work though. I'm not sure what the issue is. When we link, we also send a unique user ID to Google. Then, when using the update function in ISY Portal, we call a Google API and send that ID. The ISY Portal error message "Error sending your spokens. Is Google Home linked?" is the result of a google error indicating that the unique ID is not found (Which is an indication that the id used had not been linked, hence the message about the link).

So, is this an ISY Portal bug? Possible. Is it Google that is loosing that reference somehow? Possible too. I will add some logging to find out for sure, and will ask to try again.

Thanks,

Benoit

Seno,

The updating option in GH App, we have no control over that. 

The updating option in ISY Portal should work though. I'm not sure what the issue is. When we link, we also send a unique user ID to Google. Then, when using the update function in ISY Portal, we call a Google API and send that ID. The ISY Portal error message "Error sending your spokens. Is Google Home linked?" is the result of a google error indicating that the unique ID is not found (Which is an indication that the id used had not been linked, hence the message about the link).

So, is this an ISY Portal bug? Possible. Is it Google that is loosing that reference somehow? Possible too. I will add some logging to find out for sure, and will ask to try again.

Thanks,

Benoit

Benoit,

Thanks for your comments.  Controlling my lights with Google Home works perfectly fine so I have to assume that I have properly linked GH with ISY Portal.

When I have some time I will speak to GH Support. They are usually very helpful but I somehow expect them to say that it is not a GH issue.

It is not a major issue. Unlink and Link does the job as well, even if it is a bit more cumbersome. It is more about understanding why I have the problem than about the problem itself.....

Archived