Device discovery failed

saninberg

Need help setting up Alexa

ISY running 5.0.11C
Https set to TLS 1.2, Strength All, Verify is unchecked

Portal: Setup my profile ( preferred ISY (only one UUID ) and selected amazon link logged in )
            setup connectivity ( amazon echo ) 2 light switches for testing

Alexa: Logged in with computer, click on skills, search ISY V3, clicked on it and enable, takes me to portal page,

login, then it says close page and click discover devices. When I click on discover devices,

Almost immediately I get message : There was an error discovering your devices.
           When I check Skill settings, account linking shows LINKED in green

I have tried several times disabling ISY V3 and logging out and then starting over from beginning, but I get same results.

Any ideas what I am missing.

Thanks Larry

Hi I am having the same issue but I am not yet on version 5* yet.

I'm on 4.6.2 I believe is the latest version.

When you ask if we set up spoken words what do you mean?

I had placed words in the field over a year ago even though I know it did nothing.

But never had an issue.

Is that the problem?

I just place a reply in another thread asking for help before I noticed this thread.

Thanks for your help!

Rob

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Need help setting up Alexa

ISY running 5.0.11C

Https set to TLS 1.2, Strength All, Verify is unchecked

Portal: Setup my profile ( preferred ISY (only one UUID ) and selected amazon link logged in )

setup connectivity ( amazon echo ) 2 light switches for testing

Alexa: Logged in with computer, click on skills, search ISY V3, clicked on it and enable, takes me to portal page,

login, then it says close page and click discover devices. When I click on discover devices,

Almost immediately I get message : There was an error discovering your devices.

When I check Skill settings, account linking shows LINKED in green

I have tried several times disabling ISY V3 and logging out and then starting over from beginning, but I get same results.

Any ideas what I am missing.

Thanks Larry

Please open a ticket and specify your UUID, and reference this thread.

I'll investigate the portal logs.

Thanks,

Benoit

To enter the spoken commands log in to the portal. In the drop down menu to the right select communications and then Amazon Echo. You must then enter the spoken words for each device you wish to control.

Archived