Naming Convention

Mustang65

Now that I have the ISY and GEM talking nicely (Xbee signal strength was not powerful enough) and the data is being displayed in ISY, can I alter the channel naming convention.

Current = GEM 0013A200 - ClothesDryer1

Proposed = GEM - ClothesDryer1

Looks like it is needed

I guess I am a little paranoid about changing something like this and having to try and get it ALL back up and running if it was not an option.  In other words I do not want to "HOSE" the system.

Thanks

Don

Thanks again Ben, Michel Teken for your assistance over the last few weeks.

ISY - Channel Names.jpg

2 hours ago, Mustang65 said:

Now that I have the ISY and GEM talking nicely (Xbee signal strength was not powerful enough) and the data is being displayed in ISY, can I alter the channel naming convention.

Current = GEM 0013A200 - ClothesDryer1

Proposed = GEM - ClothesDryer1

Looks like it is needed

I guess I am a little paranoid about changing something like this and having to try and get it ALL back up and running if it was not an option.  In other words I do not want to "HOSE" the system.

Thanks

Don

Thanks again Ben, Michel Teken for your assistance over the last few weeks.

ISY - Channel Names.jpg

Hello Don,

You can rename the channels to what ever you want. I named mine with a prefix so the channels were properly ordered from 1~32. Lastly, the ISY Series Controller does not support multiple ZigBee enabled GEM's.

This was never known or tested by anyone until me.

Regardless, you have the option of using the Dash Box to send State Variables directly or the node server options from I/O Guy. This option requires middle ware like a RPi and the software.

Archived