Stumped

smokegrub

I remain a newbee in terms of suing the ISY Portal and Echo. I have numerous devices, scenes, etc. being controlled successfully using Alexa. However, I recently added an ApplianceLinc 2456S3 to control a lamp. I have it successfully included in the ISY, but I cannot get it into the Portal. I have told Alexa to discover new devices and get the reply there are no new devices. I have disabled the device in the ISY and enabled it. Still can't discover it. Am I having a senior moment and overlooking something?

Adding a device to the portal and adding a device to the Alex app are entirely different. In particular, Alexa can't discover a device that's not added to the portal first. So, which is actually the problem you are experiencing, adding the device to the portal or adding it to the Alexa app? And which Alexa app, the one for a computer or the smartphone app?

There is nothing about your query that's in any way inconvenient for me. The fact that you were successful makes the time I spent very worthwhile. Fun, too :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, stusviews said:

There is nothing about your query that's in any way inconvenient for me. The fact that you were successful makes the time I spent very worthwhile. Fun, too :rolleyes:

I am certain I will create addition opportunities to have fun in the future!  

Archived