Jump to content

Geofence?


elionce

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

Just curious, any plans/ETA for geofencing in the app?  I'm migrating over from iOS to Android, & that's one of the features I use pretty extensively - I didn't buy the Android version of Mobilinc yet because I've heard it's pretty awful, & since it looks like yours is being actively developed, I was hoping this might be somewhere around the corner? :)

Also, unrelated: could you explain exactly what the "Default home" option does? Whether it's checked or unchecked, I can't discern any difference in behavior (if I kill the app & re-launch it seems to goe to the home screen either way).

Cheers :)

Link to comment

"Awful"?!  I know folks seem mad at mobilinc because of the android version failure to maintain feature parity with the IOS version, but "awful" seems a little unfair.  I use Mobilinc and it works well for me.

FWIW, in conjunction with tasker, I use geolocation on my android phone to trigger a few insteon events.  I would probably rather see tasker integration with agave than developing a built-in capability.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, metal450 said:

Hi there,

Just curious, any plans/ETA for geofencing in the app?  I'm migrating over from iOS to Android, & that's one of the features I use pretty extensively - I didn't buy the Android version of Mobilinc yet because I've heard it's pretty awful, & since it looks like yours is being actively developed, I was hoping this might be somewhere around the corner? :)

Also, unrelated: could you explain exactly what the "Default home" option does? Whether it's checked or unchecked, I can't discern any difference in behavior (if I kill the app & re-launch it seems to goe to the home screen either way).

Cheers :)

Currently I don't have a roadmap for it.  I do want to do it, but its low on my list.   Either way using an app like tasker directly to the ISY is a far more reliable solution.  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Tasker#Geofencing .  It bypasses the 3rd party possible failure.  

Default home only works for minimization.  Unchecked the app will return to the last screen it was on.  Default home will ensure that the favorites screen is the first you see.   ( could probably word this better in the app.  

Link to comment
5 hours ago, oberkc said:

"Awful"?!  I know folks seem mad at mobilinc because of the android version failure to maintain feature parity with the IOS version, but "awful" seems a little unfair.  I use Mobilinc and it works well for me.

Fair enough, maybe "awful" is a bit harsh.  I was just going by the general feel of the reviews on the Play Store tho, which I only really started to look into because I noticed the app doesn't seem to have been touched in over 2 years (last update oct 2015) ;)

5 hours ago, oberkc said:

FWIW, in conjunction with tasker, I use geolocation on my android phone to trigger a few insteon events.  I would probably rather see tasker integration with agave than developing a built-in capability.

Oh, good call! This is my first ever Android phone, I hadn't even heard of Tasker.  Will have a look :)

3 hours ago, James Peterson said:

using an app like tasker directly to the ISY is a far more reliable solution.  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Tasker#Geofencing .  It bypasses the 3rd party possible failure.  

Great, will do!

3 hours ago, James Peterson said:

Default home only works for minimization.  Unchecked the app will return to the last screen it was on.  Default home will ensure that the favorites screen is the first you see.   ( could probably word this better in the app.  

Ah, got it - I realized that I think the reason it didn't seem to be doing anything is I also wasn't waiting the Resume Delay before returning to the app.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      36.6k
    • Total Posts
      368.2k
×
×
  • Create New...