All Off Button

mykanderson

I have over 2 dozen devices that I would like if any of them are on it will light a button on a 6 button controller.  I would also like to be able to press the button if it's on to turn everything off in the house.  I have been able to achieve this with varying amounts of success.  But to date I have yet to get it to work 100% of the time.  These devices are a mix of Insteon and Z-Wave devices.  I am running version 5.0.4.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.  Thanks

I think to get feedback you're going to need to post the programs that you've setup to accomplish this goal.  Or, at the very least, describe the basics of what you have setup (e.g. 1-a program with 2 dozen OR elements checks to see if the status of a device is ON and changes a state variable from 0 to 1 when one or more is; 2-a program monitors that state variable and if it is a 1 the KPL button is lit; 3-another program monitors the KPL button and if it is switched off a scene with 2 dozen devices is turned off and the state variable is set to 0).  If you give that kind of information, people will be able to give you feedback.

Archived