Polyglot V2 Hue Hub Emulator Nodeserver

Jimbo.Automates

1 hour ago, rabbit1543 said:

Thanks for this. I made the move from isyhelper to polyglot. Rather painless. Happy to have this in polyglot rather than a separate app on my pi.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Awesome! Nice to have success on first try ? But thanks to @Goose66 who helped with alpha testing and found a couple issues.

Hi Jimbo, I got around to installing this and looked at the logs and seemed to have found the spoken word items.  However, when I try to have Alexa scan for devices, it says it can't find anything.  Anything else I should be doing by chance?  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Hi, did you set listen to true?

Hmm, no i didn't do that.  Where would that be?  NodeServer configuration and then create a new custom parameter?  I don't see an option to set it into listen mode (I looked through the readme but nothing stuck out).

Hi Jimbo, I got around to installing this and looked at the logs and seemed to have found the spoken word items.  However, when I try to have Alexa scan for devices, it says it can't find anything.  Anything else I should be doing by chance?  Thanks!
Sorry, just noticed you said Alexa. I don't use Alexa anymore so I can't be sure it works. Did you add a hue device in Alexa? Honestly I don't remember how that was done.

It's a setting in the Hue Emulator Controller node in the ISY admin console.

Hmm, no i didn't do that.  Where would that be?  NodeServer configuration and then create a new custom parameter?  I don't see an option to set it into listen mode (I looked through the readme but nothing stuck out).

THANKS @Jimbo for porting this over to polyglot!!!  I finally decided to install Polyglot yesterday just to see what it was.  Wow, is it ever great!!!  I already had BWSsystems' Hue emulator running stand alone on a pi to control my devices via Alexa, but this makes it all much easier to maintain.  Your node ran perfectly first time.  And I really like the "Listen" option so that I can turn off seeking new devices.  This was missing in my old setup.   Thanks so much!!!

One question: is it possible to still interact with the HA-Bridge web page for doing customization of commands?  I tried the 8080 port which the log file shows it opened, but no response.  

THANKS [mention=3609]Jimbo[/mention] for porting this over to polyglot!!!  I finally decided to install Polyglot yesterday just to see what it was.  Wow, is it ever great!!!  I already had BWSsystems' Hue emulator running stand alone on a pi to control my devices via Alexa, but this makes it all much easier to maintain.  Your node ran perfectly first time.  And I really like the "Listen" option so that I can turn off seeking new devices.  This was missing in my old setup.   Thanks so much!!!
One question: is it possible to still interact with the HA-Bridge web page for doing customization of commands?  I tried the 8080 port which the log file shows it opened, but no response.  
Awesome. Glad you like it. There is no web interface since it's not using HA-bridge. I thought about switching from the python hue emulator to HA-bridge but decided not to. What would you change thru the interface?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Awesome. Glad you like it. There is no web interface since it's not using HA-bridge. I thought about switching from the python hue emulator to HA-bridge but decided not to. What would you change thru the interface?

Nothing really!  I just was curious in case I ever need need to adjust something.  For some reason, I thought this was using the BWSsystems backend still.  Nice work, Jimbo!!!

Nothing really!  I just was curious in case I ever need need to adjust something.  For some reason, I thought this was using the BWSsystems backend still.  Nice, work, Jimbo!!!
Sounds good. I am working on adding info to the config page to show what devices are configured, but haven't had time to finish it yet, and it requires a new version of Polyglot that's not released yet.

Yes, that would be a nice addition.  It is not easy for the user to see at a single glance what devices are installed on the hue emulator.   But I just checked the config.json to confirm it had picked up the devices I wanted, so that file works for me.  

One other question, @Jimbo.  How do I remove a device?  I removed the "Note - Spoken" text, and did a "Refresh" and "Update Profile" in the Admin Console, but that did not remove anything.  I did get this error in the log when doing the "Refresh":

2018-06-30 11:54:58,481 INFO     Controller:update_profile: 
2018-06-30 11:54:58,482 INFO     Sending Install Profile command to Polyglot.
2018-06-30 11:55:16,779 ERROR    _parseInput: failed controller.runCmd(REFRESH) l_info() missing 1 required positional argument: 'string'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 633, in _parseInput
    self.nodes[input[key]['address']].runCmd(input[key])
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 538, in runCmd
    fun(self, command)
  File "./hue-emu-poly.py", line 211, in cmd_refresh
    self.l_info('refresh:')
TypeError: l_info() missing 1 required positional argument: 'string'

Currently there is not, since I switched to the Google Home/Portal I haven't had a need.  I wasn't sure how the program could know which programs to add Spokens for and what those spokens sound be?  In the next version of Polyglot there are better ways to handle custom params, so we could have params based on program number and give that number a spoken value?  Or we could encode something in the program name to say it should be used, like "Spoken My Program" or ??

Thanks, Jimbo.  I would not worry about it at this point.  I agree right now I do not see a simple way of adding Programs and Variables.  Only real way right now that I see is using custom parameters to select programs and variables to control.  Let's come back to this in future releases of Polyglot.  For now, I would not worry about it.  

@Jimbo, I've managed to get an unmanaged version of your Hue Emulator into Polyglot and cannot figure out how to delete it.  I'd like to do that before adding the managed version.  Short story of how I got here: upgraded to 5.0.13, installed Polyglot on Pi, added Hue Emulator, went to ISY and the new nodes were not there, noticed Hue Emulator showed "disconnected", realized I hadn't installed PyISY, decided to upgrade pip to the latest version(big mistake, newbie move), couldn't reverse it, decided to start from scratch on the Pi, got everything installed and when I got to the dashboard for Polyglot, I see an unmanaged version of the Hue Emulator.  I can't find a way to delete it.  Is there a process documented somewhere to do that?  I couldn't find one.

You will need to delete it inside the ISY Admin Console In "Node Servers" -> "Configure" select that one and in that window select "Delete".  

I also fixed the error from your previous post and released it as 2.0.4 so you should wait for that to show up in the store before installing.  It was only an issue since you didn't have any other nodeservers installed yet.

Archived