2477 not working after utility power failure

I had a Utility power loss Sunday and my Generator ( Generac whole hose) kicked in then hours later the utility came back on.

I have something like 70 Insteon units in my house connected to an ISY 994 and after the utility power was restored ALL my 2477D wall dimmers went crazy, lights blinked, wouldn't work from the switch itself ( they worked remotely from my ISY).

I contacted Smarthome/ Insteon Monday morning and the solution was to reset all 2477's  to original state.  Air gap, then reset.  This fixed the issue but I lost all programming so I had to restore programming individually to all units.

Does anyone know a fix to avoid this in the future or is this a built in defect ???

2 hours ago, Steve Lefkowitz said:

I had a Utility power loss Sunday and my Generator ( Generac whole hose) kicked in then hours later the utility came back on.

I have something like 70 Insteon units in my house connected to an ISY 994 and after the utility power was restored ALL my 2477D wall dimmers went crazy, lights blinked, wouldn't work from the switch itself ( they worked remotely from my ISY).

I contacted Smarthome/ Insteon Monday morning and the solution was to reset all 2477's  to original state.  Air gap, then reset.  This fixed the issue but I lost all programming so I had to restore programming individually to all units.

Does anyone know a fix to avoid this in the future or is this a built in defect ???

Unfortunately there's no way to avoid what happened. Between the powerline failure and the generator kicking in you probably had noise and spikes on the powerline which corrupted the non-volatile memory in the devices. Usually doing a restore device will clean up the memory. If that doesn't work then a factory reset and restore device should correct the problem.  No need to re-program the devices.

Did you do a power cycle reset or a factory reset?

You may want to pull the air gap switch out. Then push it back in to its normal position a few seconds later. To cycle the power. That can do  a power up reset and may clear up a confused controller in the switch.

Archived