SeriaLinc

Doug Fraser

Just wondering if any one has has any info on the new SerialLinc from Smarthome?

http://www.smarthomepro.com/2410S/Seria ... ter/p.aspx

I checked out the Smarthome board and there is not much there.

My goal is to take the RS232 output from a DSC alarm panel and use the info in the ISY. I am hoping that I can convert a text string to a insteon command for a virtual insteon device. Then by tracking the status of a virtual intsteon device I can determine zone openings/closings and then take action.

Regards,

Doug

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Now only 18 more replies to go...

I'd love to see serialinc support. I would like to use it to control home stereo through ISY.

I'll check out that other IP server method, I do have the network module.

One more SmartLabs device that will sit in the box like EZIO hoping some day it will work. I know ISY folks are working hard but it just doesnt seem that SmartLabs devices and ISY like to play well together. You'd think I'd learn!

cmaciag

Official support for the EZIOxx line of devices was added in the beginning of the 2.8.x images. Might want to try them again. I have many SHN devices installed on my ISY. There are some older devices that have a PLM combination that have to be updated using the SHN update service but all the new devices are working. Happy to work with you to analyze any problems that exist.

Lee

• 2 months later...

I am also looking for serial connectivity.

What I would need to do is send specific serial command to other devices, in my case Somfy shades that can understand serial communication.

Is there any way to use the SmartHome SerialLinc 2410S for this puprpose?

Jodok

jodok

The SeriaLinc is not a supported device type by the ISY.

My attempts to use a SeriaLinc outside of the ISY were only partially success. The Utility that loads the SeriaLinc with the serial strings and link records trapped when entering more than a simple string. Smarthome sent the automated acknowledgement they received the bug report but that was the end of it. Never received a fix such that I could run a good test. That was about a year ago. They might have released a new Utility by now but I gave up on the device.

Lee

Lee,

Thank you for the quick answer!

The alternative, as far as I can tell, would be to use the Network Module and send the control strings to a IP->serial converter, right?

Could you give me any information on which Ethernet-RS485 converter you would recommend?

And where would I find the information to program the Network Module for this task?

Best regards

Jodok

Archived