Replace KeypadLinc dimmer with KeypadLinc switch?

Eug

I just removed a KeypadLinc dimmer and put a KeypadLinc switch in its place, so that I can use a CFL bulb in dimmer's load fixture. I'd hate to have to manually reprogram all the stuff that the other buttons on the KPL do, but when I try to tell the ISY-99 to "replace" the dimmer, the switch isn't one of the options it gives me for replacing it.

Is there any way I can convince the ISY to do the replacement to save me a lot of reprogramming?

I just removed a KeypadLinc dimmer and put a KeypadLinc switch in its place, so that I can use a CFL bulb in dimmer's load fixture. I'd hate to have to manually reprogram all the stuff that the other buttons on the KPL do, but when I try to tell the ISY-99 to "replace" the dimmer, the switch isn't one of the options it gives me for replacing it.

Is there any way I can convince the ISY to do the replacement to save me a lot of reprogramming?

Hi Eug,

Unfortunately there is no way to convince the ISY to exchange a relay for a dimmer.

As a work-around you could temporarily wire both switches, add the new buttons to the scenes and copy the attributes from the old buttons. Finally select Remove on the old device and rename your new KPL. Creating a topology before you start will help you by displaying the scenes the buttons are included in.

Rand

Archived