isy ssl certificate still required?

aweber1nj

I installed a "commercial" SSL Cert on my isy a few years ago.  I think this was for an alternate portal...or maybe I was trying to "roll my own" extranet access to my isy (very likely with wiki or forum topics).

I just got a notification that my SSL Cert needs to be renewed...

My question is:  If I'm paying for the (official) ISY Portal, and I currently only use that - and its Amazon Echo integration - do I need an SSL certificate installed on my isy device anymore?  Can I just let that expire?  Or is it necessary for comms with the Portal?

Thanks for any info.

-AJ

I installed a "commercial" SSL Cert on my isy a few years ago.  I think this was for an alternate portal...or maybe I was trying to "roll my own" extranet access to my isy (very likely with wiki or forum topics).

I just got a notification that my SSL Cert needs to be renewed...

My question is:  If I'm paying for the (official) ISY Portal, and I currently only use that - and its Amazon Echo integration - do I need an SSL certificate installed on my isy device anymore?  Can I just let that expire?  Or is it necessary for comms with the Portal?

Thanks for any info.

-AJ

No SSL cert needed (or port opening on your router/firewall) if you are using ISY Portal for your external in comms... unless you want to do SSL access on your local WiFi as well...

• Like 1