Programs Disappeard from Admin Console - But Still Run

I received my Insteon switches and ISY994 and got them set up just before leaving for vacation. I created a simple program to turn some lights on/off at various times while away. While away there were bad storms and intermittent power outages. I am running the system off on older macbook pro.

Upon my return, the lights were still coming on/off as programmed. The macbook was off. I turned the macbook on. My desktop icon for the admin console had disappeared. I downloaded the javascript console again, entered my username/password and all of my Insteon devices were there. The program I had created was NOT there. No sign of it. But it was still running. Lights coming on/off at all hours.

I created a new program. It works fine. But the old one that disappeared from the admin console is also still running.

I did a factory reset on the ISY but that didn't affect my admin console, registered devices, or the ghost program.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, Island Planet said:

I received my Insteon switches and ISY994 and got them set up just before leaving for vacation. I created a simple program to turn some lights on/off at various times while away. While away there were bad storms and intermittent power outages. I am running the system off on older macbook pro.

Upon my return, the lights were still coming on/off as programmed. The macbook was off. I turned the macbook on. My desktop icon for the admin console had disappeared. I downloaded the javascript console again, entered my username/password and all of my Insteon devices were there. The program I had created was NOT there. No sign of it. But it was still running. Lights coming on/off at all hours.

I created a new program. It works fine. But the old one that disappeared from the admin console is also still running.

I did a factory reset on the ISY but that didn't affect my admin console, registered devices, or the ghost program.

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to the forum

Are you running the latest version of Java?

Are your ISY firmware and UI the same version  (click on Help  About).

When you downloaded the ISY launcher did you first clear out your Java cache and all applications?

Try turning off your firewall software to see if that makes a difference

28 minutes ago, Island Planet said:

Thanks for your quick reply. I followed your steps and everything is working properly now. All the old programs re-appeared.

I am now working through actually reading instructions and following setup tutorials on youtube.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the UDI Wiki  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

It probably has the answers to all your (current and future) questions.

What did you do to finally clear up your issue?

Archived