MobiLinc X for iOS/Android AVAILABLE NOW!

InsteonNut

Hi Folks,

I'm VERY excited to announce MobiLinc X for iOS and Android is available right now from the App Store and Google Play:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilinc-x/id1449594859?ls=1&mt=8 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileintegratedsolutions.mobilincx

I launched MobiLinc 10 years ago this month and have been blown away by the support the community has shown me and the continued investment over the last decade. MobiLinc X is a full evolution on what a mobile app should be for home automation, your family, and ease of use for ISY controllers and our MobiLinc Connect service.

MobiLinc X features: https://mobilinc.com/apps/mobilincx/

• iOS and Android are identical and will remain in sync with features, changes, enhancements, etc.
  • Supports Lights, Thermostats, Garage Doors, Doors, Outlets, Irrigation, Leak Sensors, Motion, Scenes, ONVIF Certified Cameras, Programs, Variables, Fans, Rooms, ELK Security, and Weather.
  • Supports full ISY configuration including creating/editing/deleting rooms, devices, scenes. Admin Console is not required.
  • Instant startup status and control of any device, scene, program, variable, security item.
  • Supports Family Management with creating admin and user accounts. Accounts are shared with a QR Code. No usernames/passwords are required to get family members connected.
    • Admin Users have full control and can edit/change/delete items.
    • User accounts can control items only. Can not edit.
  • Supports up to two ISYs.
  • Fully Supports integration with Alexa Smart Home and Google Home/Assistant.
  • Add/Change/Delete Alexa or Google Home spoken names right from the app. Quickly see all your spoken items in one view.
  • Full integration with our IFTTT channel for geo-fencing, notifications, and integration with thousands of devices and services: https://ifttt.com/mobilinc
  • Feature Request: Upvote and suggest new features. See what I'm working on next and vote for the next feature to get added to MobiLinc X.
  • Custom settings are real-time synced between all your iOS and Android devices including your free family member's iOS and Android devices.
  • Requires your ISY have the MobiLinc Portal installed.
  • MobiLinc Pro, HD, and Orchestrated MobiLinc will continue to work through your MobiLinc Connect account for any ISY you have under your MobiLinc X subscription.

Here are some common upgrade scenarios and our recommended path to MobiLinc X:

I just renewed or signed up for MobiLinc Connect for my MobiLinc Pro, HD, or Orchestrated MobiLinc app, and I want to switch to MobiLinc X:

If you renewed your (or signed up for a) MobiLinc Connect subscription in 2019 and you wish to use MobiLinc X now, I will issue you a full refund on your MobiLinc Connect subscription. This applies to all yearly and lifetime purchases made in 2019.

If you signed up for a lifetime option for MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML in 2018 after the rate increase in July 2018 and you wish to now move to MobiLinc X instead, I can refund up to $100 of the lifetime purchase or the cost of the first year MobiLinc X subscription whichever is less.

If you’d like to take advantage of either of these offers, please email these to support@mobilinc.com:

• Your MobiLinc X subscription email receipt.
  • Your MobiLinc Connect purchase receipt.

MobiLinc Pro, HD, and Orchestrated MobiLinc will continue to work as-is with MobiLinc Connect and will continue to work through MobiLinc Connect if you move to a MobiLinc X subscription. If you are a lifetime member to MobiLinc Pro, HD, or Orchestrated MobiLinc, that service will continue as designed for MobiLinc Pro, HD, and Orchestrated MobiLinc.

My MobiLinc Connect subscription is about to expire.

Now is the perfect time to try out MobiLinc X! It's free for 14 days. Just download MobiLinc X for your mobile device, pick your subscription plan to try, and log in with your MobiLinc Connect account.

I'm new to MobiLinc X what do I need?

The only pre-requisite is that your ISY has the MobiLinc Portal installed. Even if you download MobiLinc X and start the sign-up process without the MobiLinc Portal installed in your ISY, MobiLinc X will walk you through the steps including sending you detailed email instructions on how to get your ISY connected.

Make sure your ISY is running firmware 4.7.3 or later or 5.0.14 or later.

I'm currently using ISY Portal, can I use MobiLinc X?

MobiLinc X is tightly integrated into our MobiLinc Connect servers to enable features like instant startup for status and control as well as real-time settings syncing between all your iOS and Android devices. To make this all work, the ISY must be connected to us through our MobiLinc Portal. To switch, please contact UDI Support with your ISY's UUID to switch from ISY Portal to the MobiLinc Portal. If you are unable to change due to tight integration with the ISY Portal Cloud Polyglot but would like to use MobiLinc X, please send us an email to support@mobilinc.com. One possible upgrade we may investigate is integration with ISY Portal, but we need to hear from you!

Wes

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 9.06.09 AM (Resized).png

Untitled-2.png

Hi @asbril

See the last part of the announcement:

1 hour ago, InsteonNut said:

I'm currently using ISY Portal, can I use MobiLinc X?

MobiLinc X is tightly integrated into our MobiLinc Connect servers to enable features like instant startup for status and control as well as real-time settings syncing between all your iOS and Android devices. To make this all work, the ISY must be connected to us through our MobiLinc Portal. To switch, please contact UDI Support with your ISY's UUID to switch from ISY Portal to the MobiLinc Portal. If you are unable to change due to tight integration with the ISY Portal Cloud Polyglot but would like to use MobiLinc X, please send us an email to support@mobilinc.com. One possible upgrade we may investigate is integration with ISY Portal, but we need to hear from you!

Wes

I've received some questions regarding ONVIF cameras and thought I'd a follow-up here. ONVIF is a camera standard for client network discovery and interfacing/streaming with network cameras among other features. MobiLinc X conforms to the ONVIF spec to auto-find your cameras and connect with just a username and password. It's by far the easiest way to get connected to a camera since there's zero configuration for local access.

Most recent cameras in the last few years have some ONVIF compliance or advertise ONVIF compliance. If you want to check if your particular camera and (more importantly) the firmware version your camera is running is ONVIF certified, you can search here: https://www.onvif.org/conformant-products/ Select:

Application Type: "Device"
Profile: S

And search for your manufacturer. If your camera/brand/firmware combination doesn't appear on the list, it may still comply with ONVIF standards and work with MobiLinc X, but your mileage may vary. 

Since ONVIF uses multicast discovery, some Android devices have multicast networking disabled at the kernel level. Instead, you can tap the "+" button to manually add in your ONVIF camera and get connected that way if your Android device refuses to discover these.

If you have any questions, email me at support@mobilinc.com

Wes

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to give this a try so I can add devices and configure my ISY without sitting down at my laptop. All of my devices are showing up, which is cool. But I can't seem to add a new device -- when I click "Add Insteon" or "Add Z-Wave", nothing happens. I am running 5.0.14.

50 minutes ago, tradel said:

I decided to give this a try so I can add devices and configure my ISY without sitting down at my laptop. All of my devices are showing up, which is cool. But I can't seem to add a new device -- when I click "Add Insteon" or "Add Z-Wave", nothing happens. I am running 5.0.14.

Same here.  I tried this and nothing happened.  No pop up window, no information, just nothing.  I was running on Android.  

2 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Hi @tradel

When you click "Add Insteon" or "Add Z-Wave" MobiLinc X puts the ISY in linking mode (INSTEON) or Include mode (Z-Wave). You should see a pop-up message with further instructions depending on which protocol you selected.

Wes

No popup message. Just takes me back to the Home screen.

Just now, InsteonNut said:

Also, @simplextech would you mind rebooting your ISY, wait 5 minutes and try this again?

Wes

It was rebooted when I had ISY Portal added back to this system.  

Just letting you know that I had the same issue.  I have another ISY that will be used more for this testing but I don't have it setup with any devices yet.  

Hi @Jamison_IO

Yes! The MobiLinc X subscription includes all our cloud features like Alexa and Google Home. All tiers support this. Just link your MobiLinc Connect account to Alexa/Google Home. The Connected tier adds in IFTTT support. 

Cloud Events are described in the app under Settings->Feature Requests. Its something I'm still working on, but will add in timers and many other triggers that are easily configured in MobiLinc X. 

Wes

Can I continue to use my Echo or Google Assistant with my ISY if I have Mobilinc X?

Add not to what Wes said above (and because you didn’t say which Portal you are currently using to integrate your Alexa and Google Home devices), to use Mobilinc X you (currently) must be using Mobilinc Connect as your Portal service. It does not work with ISY Portal.

So, if you currently use Echo or Google Assistant with Mobilinc Connect you are all good.

If you currently use Echo or Google Assistant with ISY Portal you will have to contact UDI support to deactivate ISY Portal (because ISY only supports one portal service) and you will lose access to any ISY Portal specific features (like Polyglot Cloud)

Currently using ISY Portal with Mobilinc Pro for my Insteon devices. I also use ISY Portal to control my Alexa skills. If I move to MobiLincX and eliminate the ISY Portal, will I have to start over with my Alexa integration?

Hi @glen.holmes

If you have “Spoken” names set in the notes for your devices and scenes via the Admin Console, these are automatically imported into Alexa when you link MobiLinc to your Alexa account. 

In MobiLinc X, there’s a new feature where you can set the spoken name for devices and scenes very easily by tapping the edit button for the device/scene and setting the Spoken name right there in MobiLinc X. You’ll know this is working when you set the spoken name as the Alexa app will immediately send you a notification that a new device is found for control with Alexa if you’ve allowed notifications for Alexa. 

Wes

Archived