Cannot determine Insteon Engine - for someone new

The PLM is current. It's probably 4718. In 2016 they were still using 2.3. What's the hardware version on the PLM sticker?

Being that all your hardware is current then you mostly likely have a defective switch. 

You'll find that as you replace your X10 with Insteon your Insteon network will become more reliable. I would replace one or two devices at a time, make sure they're working properly then move forward replacing more devices. That will make troubleshooting easier in the event you run into a problem.

I only found the Rev number along with the date code and the Insteon address.  Where would the hardware version number be?  

And what about my conclusion that the 4-Tap test only initiates RF signals from the initiating module?  Is that correct?

The number next to the date code is the hardware version

To see the firmware version of the PLM go to the Admin Console, click on TOOLS | DIAGNOSTICS | PLM INFO / STATUS.  The firware version is to the right of the modem address, i.e. v9E

So the version number 2.4 was the hardware version.  It was on the PLM label that had the address and the date code.  The firmware version is v9E.  

Archived