Trying to change names for each light switch

Good afternoon! I am very new at this and have NO idea if what I'm asking makes sense but I am hoping someone can help me :) My husband and I are trying to re-program the names for each of our lights from his ex-wife's name to my name (example: Jen's Master to Holly's Master). Further, the guy that originally programmed our lights spelled things like "suite" wrong and I would sure love to fix those errors. I try the "re-name" function (basically a right-click) but it doesn't keep the change. I am a Mac user if that makes any difference...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Holly

Hi Holly, welcome to the Forum

Not sure about the MAC, but after you change the name is there a save option at the bottom of the device tree?

If the device is in a folder you may have to move it out of the folder to change the name then put it back in.

Any chance your UI version doesn't match the firmware version?  In the admin console goto Help-About. Check the versions there. I recommend using the ISY launcher rather than a dedicated console. See the Current Releases forum and look at ISY Launcher thread. 

Jeff

Archived