Want to say Thank you!

Athlon

@Jimbo - Thank you for maintaining this PGC code for us.

I installed 3 Ecobee Lites a couple of weeks ago and have learned how to program them with my ISY - works great!

I don't like the way the Ecobee 'Smart Away' feature works - it only lowers the temp a few degrees, and waits a full 2 hours to do so.  Also, I don't believe the temp for 'Smart Away' can be changed in the Ecobee's settings.

So, I wrote programs to set all 3 stats to my actual and programmable 'Away' temperature setting if both my wife's phone and my phone have left the house, and to set it back to 'Schedule Mode' if either of us returns. Great stuff!

On 12/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, Athlon said:

@Jimbo - Thank you for maintaining this PGC code for us.

I don't believe the temp for 'Smart Away' can be changed in the Ecobee's settings.

Changing the Away comfort setting temperature will adjust this, if you have eco+ enabled it will offset (slider dictates the adjustment amount) using this as a base temperature.

Colin

ecobee iOS engineer.

34 minutes ago, cswelin said:

Changing the Away comfort setting temperature will adjust this, if you have eco+ enabled it will offset (slider dictates the adjustment amount) using this as a base temperature.

Colin

ecobee iOS engineer.

Thanks for chiming in. Your support is A+.  I have three Lites (with at least one Smart Sensor for each), so I don't have eco+ yet. I'm looking forward to that upgrade early next year.

By the way, Colton W. created a personalized schematic for me because of the unusual wiring of my three Honeywell zone valves - be sure to say hello.

Archived