Wireless devices not communicating, PLM issue?

maxnorth

I've been running 5.0.16 for some time with no issues.  In the past few days, all of my wireless devices (2844-222 motion sensors and an open/close sensor) have stopped communicating with the ISY.  They flash when detecting motion, but the ISY status is not updated. 

Apart from this, the ISY is performing just fine: programs are running, network resources are working, Mobilinc, Alexa voice commands, etc. All except the wireless devices. I'm also running Polyglot on a Pi with no problems.

The ISY reports zero bad blocks with the SD card.

I have rebooted the ISY and PLM.

The only issue I'm seeing in the error log is a phantom network resource file ("could not find file /conf/net/64.res") and some http error ("TCP Client Read Response Failed, Net Module Rule: 48"), which I believe is also related to a network resource. Resource 64 does not exist, and resource 48 seems to be working just fine.  I suspect these errors are unrelated to my wireless device problem.

Ideas?  It seems strange that only the wireless devices are affected, but could it be the PLM?

38 minutes ago, maxnorth said:

Update:  I checked the PLM Links, and there were none.  I Restored PLM and got back 557 links.  All seems to be working at this point.

Am I correct to assume that this is an early sign of PLM failure?  Or is there something else that could cause a loss of the links table?

It's most likely failing. If your PLM is more than 2 years old it's probably time to replace it. The current version of the PLM has updated hardware and firmware including an updated RS232 interface

What's the firmware and date code on your PLM

9 hours ago, maxnorth said:

It's been in use for 3.5 years after I replaced the capacitors.  Not too bad. I've got a second one on which I have not yet replaced the caps.

Are you saying that the new ones are likely to have a longer life?  If not, I'll probably refresh my second one and use that.

Yes

Archived