Transforming a basic SonOff Wifi switch

Angile

How I transformed my SonOff basic Wifi switch output, from the main input source to a separated output N.O. contact. This to use my switch as a garage door opener.

I used a fine pointed Dremel to cut the printed circuit board (both side) at 2 places and soldered a jumper to modify the output.

My issue is that the relay stays On until I re-push the button.

I am trying to make this contact temporary, about 2 second on but I still have not found the answer yet.

20200112_182309.jpg

20200112_182429.jpg

20200112_182508.jpg

I also use a modified basic sonoff switch as a garage opener: In the Console you can program the duration of how long the relay remains closed: I used the command "pulsetime 5" for a  0.5 sec on pulse... (I flashed my sonoff switch with TASMOTA firmware)

(more tasmota commands: https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/wiki/Commands )

You can also use a tasmota sonoff switch in isy by using Network Resources instead of having to setup Polyglot:

1162420531_sonoffnetworkresource.thumb.JPG.0a51df6c62639967733f8dbc7d4b8320.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:21 PM, CandC said:

I also use a modified basic sonoff switch as a garage opener: In the Console you can program the duration of how long the relay remains closed: I used the command "pulsetime 5" for a  0.5 sec on pulse... (I flashed my sonoff switch with TASMOTA firmware)

(more tasmota commands: https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/wiki/Commands )

You can also use a tasmota sonoff switch in isy by using Network Resources instead of having to setup Polyglot:

1162420531_sonoffnetworkresource.thumb.JPG.0a51df6c62639967733f8dbc7d4b8320.JPG

Hello CandC;

This last post is most interesting! I have 90+ SonOff switches in the house, controlling virtually all lights in the house. There are NO physical switches anywhere. All controlled via google Home, via their chinese Server. I'm trying to bring the server home, to improve reliability. But if this can work simply with flashing Tasmota and allocating Network Resources, that would be great.

Do you mean, I can control them directly via Network resources? Can the IS&994 manage all of those?

Cheers;

• 5 months later...

I just came across your post and question: I am still using some Tasmota flashed Sonoff switches and some I control with Polyglot and others I control with network resources in Isy. Once flashed you also have direct web browser access and control. The only limitation I see is that wifi network might be a little overloaded with so many wifi switches. I use about half dozen switches and three thermostats. No issue, reliable and virtually no lag. Only complaint is the form factor: these switches are not easily hidden away out of sight and there is always some extension cord spaghetti visible...

I also control them by voice through Isy portal and Google Home...

Archived