ISY 99i + PLM 2412S + Insteon Thermostat 2441V (Venstar)

hjbleier

Hi I was just wanted to know if I need anything else to talk to my Venstar T-Stat remotely. I looked at the directions and they talk about linking it to a RemoteLinc. Can it talk to the PLM 2412S that came with my ISY or do I have to install a RemoteLinc? or other devices? I am new to this Insteon stuff, all I have ever used was LonTalk and BacNet. But I would like to try this Insteon Power Line and RF stuff. Sounds like it will be easier once I am done with the learning-curve for the smaller installations.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi Howard -

Do you already have a pair of AccessPoints installed? If not, you will need at least one installed. I would recommend 2. AccessPoints allow your INSTEON RF devices to communicate back and forth with powerline devices. They also act as a bridge between the 2 legs of power in your home.

http://www.smarthome.com/2443P/Access-P ... ack/p.aspx

Other than the AccessPoint, you should be good to go.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I just installed a Venstar T1700 1-Day thermostat and 2441V RF Adapter. Also, I have SignalLinc RF, not Access Point.

I can't get it to link to ISY 99i (1020) with v2.7.0 firmware.

When using Link Management | Start Linking, the Level 3 log says:

[LNK-BGN ] 02 64 01 00 06

---- Initializing the linked devices ----

---- All Linked Devices are now initialized ----

[LNK-END ] 02 65 06 : : Unexpected, ignored (65)

I tried the factory reset and it flashed the thermostat display, the light went out for a few seconds, and then came back on.

When attempting to link, it *doesn't* flash the display (although the instructions says it will).

Do you think I have a defective RF adapter? Are there any troubleshooting tips I can follow? Do I need a newer firmware version? Do SignalLincs work or does it require Access Point?

Thanks

Mark

• 5 months later...
Hi robertarak,

The differences pertain to the number of stages of heating and cooling.

The 1 day does not support a humidistat.

Rand

Thank you for that. Just to make it clear (to me). Since I have no need for a humidistat, and I have a single compressor/single stage HVAC system, if I am using an ISY I should have just as much programming flexability with the 1-day as I would with the 7-day programmable. Is that correct?

Yes, unless you plan to upgrade the furnace to a 2-stage, AFAIK. I hope someone else will chime in here.

Otherwise it is just setting the heat and cool setpoints.

Rand

Hi robertarak,

The differences pertain to the number of stages of heating and cooling.

The 1 day does not support a humidistat.

Rand

Thank you for that. Just to make it clear (to me). Since I have no need for a humidistat, and I have a single compressor/single stage HVAC system, if I am using an ISY I should have just as much programming flexability with the 1-day as I would with the 7-day programmable. Is that correct?

Archived