Hue Bridge Listed in ISY but not Lights

Chevelle

10 hours ago, upstatemike said:

No. I ended up leaving the address of the Hue bridge where it was and just worked around it. Have not had time to go back and revisit this. Still irritates me that there is not someplace in the GUI where I can go and just edit the address entry that the node server is referencing to find the bridge.

does the instruction in the readme file not work?

Sometimes automatic bridge IP address discovery fails, in that case - you can specify Bridge IP address in a custom parameter ip for the NodeServer using Polyglot's frontend interface. Additionally - if username parameter is given - NodeServer will use it (in case you have a username established already and don't want another one created on the Bridge).

this post from another thread may also be helpful... 

On 10/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, deholt said:

lilyoyo1, I suspect you're correct about adding more bulbs vs dickering around with another bridge. However, the node server's author added a statement to "configuration help" which may have resolved my issue. A configuration option is to add a custom parameter key and value:

• bridges - this should be set to the list of Hue bridges if you have multiple you would like to be able to control, for example: ["10.0.1.1","10.0.2.1"]

I invoked this option, restarted the node server, and two additional nodes were added! I'll play around with this setup, and see if it does what I am aiming.

Again, thanks to all.

(although I have a hue bridge I can't use the nodesever for unrelated reasons, so I can't go play with this to see what works...)

50 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

It did not work for me when I tried it last year. I have not had time to revisit it.

This from the post I quoted might be the answer:

• bridges - this should be set to the list of Hue bridges if you have multiple you would like to be able to control, for example: ["10.0.1.1","10.0.2.1"]

even if the dictionary is a single IP, or the IP parameter mentioned in the README might need to the IP in quotes.

The hue nodeserver hasn't really been updated too much and it's old... sadly it doesn't have all the modern configuration help that the newer nodeservers have.

34 minutes ago, MrBill said:

This from the post I quoted might be the answer:

even if the dictionary is a single IP, or the IP parameter mentioned in the README might need to the IP in quotes.

The hue nodeserver hasn't really been updated too much and it's old... sadly it doesn't have all the modern configuration help that the newer nodeservers have.

I think I tried that as well but no matter what I put in the list it could only find the bridge when the bridge was set to the original IP address. I don't think I messed up the syntax and I never got any errors, it just didn't work.

Archived