AerisWeather Eto to variable incorrect

TJF1960

Hello   @bpwwer

I am seeing correct GV20 (Forecast Eto) numbers from Aeris in Polyglote being transferred to ISY Aeris node page. When I transfer the Eto figure to a variable I see random numbers appear in the variable. For instance when this program is manually ran:

Eto Test Var - [ID 0051][Parent 0254]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        $iEto  = 'PolyGlot / AerisWeather / AERIS Weather / Forecast 0' Evapotranspiration mm/day

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The Forecast 0 GV20 in Poly dashboard shows an amount of 0.172, in the admin console ISY forecast 0 page shows 0.172 in/day. The variable however shows 4.369

I tried this with each Forecast 0-5 and different values would appear.

*** I think I just figured out what is going on. The values showing up in variables appear to be mm/day as opposed to in/day. Is this possible? 

I have imperial selected for this node and in/day is indicated on the ISY Aeris admin page.

Thanks,

Tim

Yes, it's doing the conversion because it looks like that's what you asked it to put in the variable.

$iEto  = 'PolyGlot / AerisWeather / AERIS Weather / Forecast 0' Evapotranspiration mm/day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->^^^^^^^^

I believe you can select which units to use (mm/day or inches/day) when you assign it to a variable (at least you should be able to).

2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Yes, it's doing the conversion because it looks like that's what you asked it to put in the variable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->^^^^^^^^

I believe you can select which units to use (mm/day or inches/day) when you assign it to a variable (at least you should be able to).

I don't see how to. mm/day is printed after the drop down and appears to be fixed text.

I am trying to figure out how to copy screen on win10 to paste a screen shot but its not working.

Tim

Hmm, yeah, I see that too. It might something I have wrong in the profile or maybe the ISY isn't handling those specific units correctly.  I believe the inches/day is a new UOM.

Archived