Make one switch control two devices - separately

BitSmith

I like having a single KeyPadLink (KPL) to control most of my house.  Sure, I can turn on and off the WaterFall using Amazon Echo, but I also want it on a switch.  The KPL is full, but I have one button that would be just right.  So I'm using the FirePit button to control both devices separately.  

Requirement:  Minimum three devices, one for control (KPL), the second to control the FirePit (ApplianceLinc) and the third for the WaterFall.  Note that the control  (KPL) has no load connected.  Since I have two KPLs, you'll see that reflected in the code.

User instructions:  To turn the FirePit on or off, simply press the button on the KPL.  To control the WaterFall, a double tap will launch that code.  The LED on the KPL will blink to let you know the command has been received. 

I've kept this simple in that to register a Fast-ON for the WaterFall, the FirePit must be OFF.  And to register the Fast-OFF, the FirePit must be on.  

When I feel like adding extra credit, I will make the WaterFall control totally independent of the FirePit condition.

Scene:

Fire Pit

Fire Pit

(Controller)

Upstairs / G Fire Pit

(Responder)

Downstairs / G Fire Pit

(Responder)

Scene:

WaterFall

WaterFall Control

(Controller)

Note: Even if there's only one device, I always put it in a Scene.  That way all things show up on my Scenes page for the MobiLinc.

PROGRAMS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire Pit OFF:  SINGLE press to turn OFF.

If
        Control 'Upstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched Off
     Or Control 'Downstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched Off

Then
        Set Scene 'Fire Pit' Off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire Pit ON: SINGLE press to turn ON.

If
        Control 'Upstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched On
     Or Control 'Downstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Fire Pit' On

Waterfall OFF: DOUBLE press to turn OFF.

If
        Control 'Upstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched Fast Off
     Or Control 'Downstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched Fast Off

Then
        Set Scene 'Waterfall' Off
        Set Scene 'Fire Pit LEDs' On

Waterfall ON: DOUBLE press to turn ON.

If
        Control 'Upstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched Fast On
     Or Control 'Downstairs / G Fire Pit' is switched Fast On

Then
        Set Scene 'Waterfall' On
        Set Scene 'Fire Pit LEDs' Off

Archived