Multiple ISY-99i boxes support (for different locations)

mvgossman

I have just received the ISY-99i and am programming it and considering the iLinc software for my iphone. I am planning on eventually putting another ISY-99i at my vacation home. How do I switch back and forth between controlling the vacation home and controlling the regular house? I have installed the trial version and seems that currently that would have to be done by re-entering the ip address of the second home and re-sync?

If so, I imagine that a re-sync going back to my main house (with a complex setup) would be a pretty long process. So it would be great if iLinc allowed you to select more than one ISY-99i to control. Any plans?

Also, looking forward to thermostat control... Vacation home with an internet controllable thermostat would be great - fire up the furnace 100 miles away!

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

You are correct. Right now you would have to enter in the different IP address to connect and sync with your other ISY. To fix this, I'm working on a multiple ISY enhancement feature for the next release as well as thremostat control.

Syncing with your ISY is a pretty quick process. Maybe 10-15 seconds on very large setups and only a few seconds on setups with ~30 devices.

Wes

Archived