Can't set Climate Type, and "Request Failed"

jtara92101

Recently purchased Ecobee 3 Lite and Polisy. Training wheels on both.

I want to be able to change the Climate/Comfort Settings (same thing, different name?) through ISY, but having no luck.

(Actually, I'd be happy for now just to be able to change from Ecobee or Ecobee, app, but apparently one can ONLY set to Home/Away that way! So, really only way from device/UI would be to use a Climate Type in the Schedule, right?

Anyway, using either Network/Ecobee - Thermostat/Climate Type manual control or within the Then of a program, setting Climate Type doesn't change the climate type.

Also - perhaps related, perhaps not, querying gets a delay and then a popup "Request Failed".

I do see current settings in the ISY control panel.

Also, can somebody explain the intended usage and relationship between "Climate Type" and "Comfort Settings". Seems muddled, and on first glance only useful if you live in an Airstream trailer... I mean, why would your Climate Type even change? ;)

2 hours ago, jtara92101 said:

Recently purchased Ecobee 3 Lite and Polisy. Training wheels on both.

I want to be able to change the Climate/Comfort Settings (same thing, different name?) through ISY, but having no luck.

(Actually, I'd be happy for now just to be able to change from Ecobee or Ecobee, app, but apparently one can ONLY set to Home/Away that way! So, really only way from device/UI would be to use a Climate Type in the Schedule, right?

Anyway, using either Network/Ecobee - Thermostat/Climate Type manual control or within the Then of a program, setting Climate Type doesn't change the climate type.

Also - perhaps related, perhaps not, querying gets a delay and then a popup "Request Failed".

I do see current settings in the ISY control panel.

Also, can somebody explain the intended usage and relationship between "Climate Type" and "Comfort Settings". Seems muddled, and on first glance only useful if you live in an Airstream trailer... I mean, why would your Climate Type even change? ;)

As I tried to short form explain in the other thread Climate type is the label the NS gets back from Ecobee for Comfort Settings. I am not evens sure if Comfort Settings is the right terminology there yet. To me it should be called "Schedule segment" and a Comfort setting is a setting inside of it.

"Climate Type" is the climate you want inside your trailer, since you can can control it, it makes sense. That term threw me for a while, but after getting familiar with it, I prefer it.

Instead of attempting to set Climate Types just set your temperature and fan cycling times. The stat will reset them back on the user set time. IIRC the settings are stackable, so cancelling the one on the screen, it drops back to the previous manual override and not necessarily the climate type currently dictated in the schedule

Once setup you will like the two complete tables for heat and A/C. No settings to change except the mode. In this season's weather I may change from heat to A/C back and forth several times until summer months. Other stats made it unwieldy to switch.

Remember the NS only gets updated every 3 minutes minimum. When you change a setting, It seems it can get an immediate update. If the setting change isn't reflected, it may be up to three minutes to get a refresh. PITA while setting up but after it is fast enough. Go look at the NS log and see how much stuff comes at it from ecobee.

19 hours ago, larryllix said:

Once setup you will like the two complete tables for heat and A/C.

???

Unaware that there is/can be more than one schedule. How do I access them?

Each of my "Comfort Settings"s/"Climate"s can be set to heat, cool, or auto.

In coastal S. California, I might need heating and cooling on the same day. So, I have it on "auto".

I don't see any way to set that globally nor to access more than one full schedule.

What am I missing?

Keep in mind, I want to use different sensors for each "Climate'.

Sounds like you just automate bumping the temperature and heat/cool mode. I don't think there is a way to change the sensor(s) used without involving a separate Comfort Settings/Climate for each case of different sensor(s).

3 hours ago, jtara92101 said:

???

Unaware that there is/can be more than one schedule. How do I access them?

Each of my "Comfort Settings"s/"Climate"s can be set to heat, cool, or auto.

In coastal S. California, I might need heating and cooling on the same day. So, I have it on "auto".

I don't see any way to set that globally nor to access more than one full schedule.

What am I missing?

Keep in mind, I want to use different sensors for each "Climate'.

Sounds like you just automate bumping the temperature and heat/cool mode. I don't think there is a way to change the sensor(s) used without involving a separate Comfort Settings/Climate for each case of different sensor(s).

Each climate type has a heating setpoint, a cooling setpoint, a fan speed or cycle frequency,  sensors to use,  use "follow me" settings, etc..

When you switch from heat to cool the setting are all there. Every other brand of stat I have used there was only one setting and they all had to be reprogrammed for each schedule segment when you switched back and forth. I never use automatic or the system would either constantly oscillate or have a huge dead band from sweating to chilled..

Here is one comfort setting.
1823132660_ecobeeComfortSetting.thumb.jpg.3c3b5f976f7076f5a79378e7216b69b9.jpg

Archived