UPS interference... Should I use a FilterLink?

GDavis01

I installed a UPS system today which has my Bell modem and router, my home router, and my ISY on it. My PLM is on the same circuit. Then tonight I noticed that none of my ISY programs are working!

I took the ISY and PLM and moved them to another part of the house but starting up my Admin Console has been taking a long time!

I'm guessing that the UPS device is causing the problem... Can I plug the UPS into a FillterLink and will that help?

I installed a UPS system today which has my Bell modem and router, my home router, and my ISY on it. My PLM is on the same circuit. Then tonight I noticed that none of my ISY programs are working!
I took the ISY and PLM and moved them to another part of the house but starting up my Admin Console has been taking a long time!
I'm guessing that the UPS device is causing the problem... Can I plug the UPS into a FillterLink and will that help?

A UPS on the electrical circuit would have no baring on the AC operating or being accessible.

That sounds more like a network related issue.

Depending on the type of UPS it surely can impact the Isteon power line signal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies... 

As it turns out I did a few things yesterday that caused my problems! I actually installed 2 UPS backup devices, and I replaced an incandescent bulb in a lamp with an LED bulb... but the LED was non-dimming and the lamp was being controlled by a LampLinc! 

Fortunately, I had purchased several FilterLinc devices several years ago that I had never had a need to use... so I pulled them out and plugged the UPS's into them. It was after this that I realized by LED bulb issue! I actually managed to mess up another Lamplinc before I remembered that I had replaced the bulb! My LampLinc was no longer responding! Interestingly, I did the diagnostics on the device and the Links Table showed 4 'Record Mismatch' and 27 "Extra Record" links! 

I was finally able to get both LampLinc's working again by deleting them and then Linking them again with  "Remove existing links"... even after that though I had to restore the device several times before the diagnostics were clean!

Archived