Jump to content

Locks with Z-Wave sensors and other Z-Wave things


jec6613

Recommended Posts

I'm having a couple of issues with Z-Wave devices.  The simplest one is that my Z-Wave thermostat reports humidity to one decimal, so Agave displays at as three digits (e.g 460% instead of 46%)

The second is a bit more of an issue.  My Z-Wave door sensors, which I have a few of since they have odd form factors compared to Insteon, do not report nicely in the app, nor will they bind properly when pairing with a door lock, so I don't get a door status with them.  This seems to be because I can't select the ZW Barrier device as the sensor, only the master device which lacks reporting of the door status.

Any suggestions?

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, jec6613 said:

I'm having a couple of issues with Z-Wave devices.  The simplest one is that my Z-Wave thermostat reports humidity to one decimal, so Agave displays at as three digits (e.g 460% instead of 46%)

The second is a bit more of an issue.  My Z-Wave door sensors, which I have a few of since they have odd form factors compared to Insteon, do not report nicely in the app, nor will they bind properly when pairing with a door lock, so I don't get a door status with them.  This seems to be because I can't select the ZW Barrier device as the sensor, only the master device which lacks reporting of the door status.

Any suggestions?

My first question would be how many Zwave devices you have.  Zwave is a mesh network and the more Zwave devices you have, the better the connections. Sometimes it also helps to include the device while close to your ISY, then move it to the chosen location and then do a "Heal".

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, asbril said:

My first question would be how many Zwave devices you have.  Zwave is a mesh network and the more Zwave devices you have, the better the connections. Sometimes it also helps to include the device while close to your ISY, then move it to the chosen location and then do a "Heal".

They report fine in the ISY console and the programs work fine with them - for instance.  I installed enough extenders to provide 3 paths to each lock, these are on doors with ZWP electronic locks which work 100% of the time. The issue is that Agave can combine a door sensor and lock to give you a total door status on a single tile, but that doesn't work properly with the ZW sensors, only Insteon ones.

Also, Insteon is a Mesh, Z-Wave is a routed mesh. ;)

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, jec6613 said:

They report fine in the ISY console and the programs work fine with them - for instance.  I installed enough extenders to provide 3 paths to each lock, these are on doors with ZWP electronic locks which work 100% of the time. The issue is that Agave can combine a door sensor and lock to give you a total door status on a single tile, but that doesn't work properly with the ZW sensors, only Insteon ones.

Also, Insteon is a Mesh, Z-Wave is a routed mesh. ;)

understood

Link to comment
2 hours ago, jec6613 said:

I'm having a couple of issues with Z-Wave devices.  The simplest one is that my Z-Wave thermostat reports humidity to one decimal, so Agave displays at as three digits (e.g 460% instead of 46%)

The second is a bit more of an issue.  My Z-Wave door sensors, which I have a few of since they have odd form factors compared to Insteon, do not report nicely in the app, nor will they bind properly when pairing with a door lock, so I don't get a door status with them.  This seems to be because I can't select the ZW Barrier device as the sensor, only the master device which lacks reporting of the door status.

Any suggestions?

What door locks are you using? What do you mean by your sensors dont bind properly when pairing with a door lock? Whats actually happening in the isy? Firmware?UI

 

Link to comment
56 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

What door locks are you using? What do you mean by your sensors dont bind properly when pairing with a door lock? Whats actually happening in the isy? Firmware?UI

The ISY is working 100% fine as are teh devices.  Literally these sensors are checked multiple times per day by the ISY to verify door status, the programs are 100% reliable and the sensors and lock work perfectly and have for months.  This is in the Agave forum, and is about an app feature, not an ISY or Z-Wave issue.

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, jec6613 said:

The ISY is working 100% fine as are teh devices.  Literally these sensors are checked multiple times per day by the ISY to verify door status, the programs are 100% reliable and the sensors and lock work perfectly and have for months.  This is in the Agave forum, and is about an app feature, not an ISY or Z-Wave issue.

I know it's an agave forum. Agave pulls it's information from the isy. However by not including any information about your devices or setup how can anyone help troubleshoot anything at all? 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I know it's an agave forum. Agave pulls it's information from the isy. However by not including any information about your devices or setup how can anyone help troubleshoot anything at all? 

Agave pulls it fine from the ISY fine, it just doesn't display it when bound to the lock.  It's clear you don't understand the issue at hand here, there's more than enough info in the original post, as Z-Wave locks are standardized (and report fine) as are Z-Wave Barrier devices both in the ISY and the Z-Wave spec.  It happens that none of my (several makes and models) of Z-Wave Barrier devices show up as open/closed in the Agave app properly when bound to a lock tile.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, jec6613 said:

Agave pulls it fine from the ISY fine, it just doesn't display it when bound to the lock.  It's clear you don't understand the issue at hand here, there's more than enough info in the original post, as Z-Wave locks are standardized (and report fine) as are Z-Wave Barrier devices both in the ISY and the Z-Wave spec.  It happens that none of my (several makes and models) of Z-Wave Barrier devices show up as open/closed in the Agave app properly when bound to a lock tile.

Good luck with troubleshooting. Hopefully you resolve your issues

Link to comment
On 7/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, jec6613 said:

I'm having a couple of issues with Z-Wave devices.  The simplest one is that my Z-Wave thermostat reports humidity to one decimal, so Agave displays at as three digits (e.g 460% instead of 46%)

The second is a bit more of an issue.  My Z-Wave door sensors, which I have a few of since they have odd form factors compared to Insteon, do not report nicely in the app, nor will they bind properly when pairing with a door lock, so I don't get a door status with them.  This seems to be because I can't select the ZW Barrier device as the sensor, only the master device which lacks reporting of the door status.

Any suggestions?

What brand of thermostat is it?  

Could you send me a node dump if the thermostat and zwave door sensor to support@agaveha.com

https://www.agaveha.com/docs/node-dump/

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...