Weather Flow Poly - Extra Decimal Values

Teken

Just upgraded to WFP 2.08 without any issues and found it corrected the blank wind data for me. I noticed there isn't any monthly rain data yet all other fields are populated? The next thing I noticed was the readings indicate six values after the decimal?!? ?

I love the precision but don't think anyone needs more than four?!? ?

Rain Decimal Values.PNG

1 hour ago, Teken said:

Just upgraded to WFP 2.08 without any issues and found it corrected the blank wind data for me. I noticed there isn't any monthly rain data yet all other fields are populated? The next thing I noticed was the readings indicate six values after the decimal?!? ?

I love the precision but don't think anyone needs more than four?!? ?

Rain Decimal Values.PNG

I was rounding the value if the units were imperial, but not if they are metric.  Fixed that for the next release.

There's nothing different about how monthly rain is handled vs. yearly/weekly. The data is pulled from the WeatherFlow server at startup and maintained by adding the UDP packet values until the next restart.   The log might provide some insight if something is failing. It should show the rain for each month with the final log line being the rain for the current month. 

19 minutes ago, Teken said:

@bpwwer

The log does indeed show a value which I highlighted but it obviously didn't populate.

Rain Data.PNG

And after that the node server tells polyglot to send the value to the ISY just like it does for the other values there.    What does the polyglot dashboard nodes value show for precipitation GV3 node value?  If the value is populated there, then node server is working properly and it's a problem with polyglot sending or the ISY receiving the value.

4 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

And after that the node server tells polyglot to send the value to the ISY just like it does for the other values there.    What does the polyglot dashboard nodes value show for precipitation GV3 node value?  If the value is populated there, then node server is working properly and it's a problem with polyglot sending or the ISY receiving the value.

@bpwwer

As always you're correct the value exists in the Node Server Dash Board. Would taking the extra step to *Update Profile* be needed when upgrading firmware? If that is something that needs to be done I'll do that as part of the upgrade process.

I'll do it now and report back the outcome . . .

GV3 - Rain Data.PNG

Archived