Making a single button device multi functional

Mark Sanctuary

Making a single button device multi functional; so I got here a single button device that I want to add more functionality too, how do I do that? Easy for how many ways you can think of that button can be clicked you have options.

Double click off

If
       Control 'Master Read Mark' is switched Fast Off

Then
       Set  Scene 'Inside All Scene' Off

Single click off (if device is already off)

If
       Status  'Master Read Mark' is Off
   And Control 'Master Read Mark' is switched Off

Then
       Set  Scene 'Master Bed Scene' Off

Double click on

If
       Control 'Master Read Mark' is switched Fast On

Then
       Set  Scene 'Inside All Scene' On

Single click on (if device is already on)

Used ‘not’s for the ‘Single click on’ program to avoid having to guess the percent on level.

If
       Status  'Master Read Mark' is not Off
   And Control 'Master Read Mark' is not switched Off
   And Control 'Master Read Mark' is not switched Fast On

Then
       Set  Scene 'Master Bed Scene' On

Click ons - are trickier than off ones because the device is going to want to do its default behavior and toggle between its “On Level†and “Full On Levelâ€. So “click on†programs will work but the light is going to first change, then it’s going to change again a half a second later when the program changes it.

• 3 months later...

Here's a neat trick I stumbled upon recently:

My Kitchen has a small eating bar, and a computer desk nearby. So there is a large fluorescent light in the ceiling and a desk lamp, very close together. I rarely use both at the same time.

I created a scene with the fluorescent (ApplianceLinc) and desk lamp (LampLinc) and a KPL button (controller) in it. The "On level" for the Applinc is ON, and for the LampLinc, OFF.

Now I can TAP the KPL button to turn on the fluorescent light, or HOLD it to turn on the desk lamp - the Applinc doesn't respond to brightness levels!

Archived