Garage Door I/O Linc

jblackst5000

When I added my Insteon I/O Linc to my ISY it created a Sensor and Relay. My question is when my garage door is closed should the status of the sensor be "On" and the status of the Relay be "Off".

I asked eKeypad and he said the status of the Relay should be "Open". When I log into my ISY with the Control Console it shows the status of my Garage Door Relay is "Off". Does that translate in being "Open".

I am confused. I hope someone can explain this to me.

Thanks,

Assuming you have the I/O Linc connected to a sensor which reflects the status of the door, the I/O Linc will reflect the actual status.  My garage door sensor is mounted on the floor of the garage with a magnet mounted on the door.  It's made for that application.  When the door is closed, the sensor is Off.  When open, its On.  The relay on the I/O Linc is set to Momentary B and acts like the push button on the garage door.  Doesn't matter if it's on or off.  Either signal closes the relay momentarily and activates the door.  My setup is a bit more complicated since it's a Chamberlain and can be and is  controlled by the MyQ node server and  involves a modification of the door's push button as the signal to the opener is not just a simple contact closure.  Hope that helps.

Archived