Multiple devices with same name after re-discovering devices (how to DELETE replaced instances)

shunsader

I've recently had an issue with replacing spokens with different programs and re-discovering. What's happening is that I'm finding better ways to implement a "Spoken" by creating a program specifically for that spoken. Here's what I'm doing:

1. I delete the old spoken at My.ISY.IO, and create a new spoken with the same "Spoken"....for instance "Exit Front" now uses a different program than what it used to.

2. I then ask Alexa to "Re-discover my devices", and after a minute or so, it'll tell me that no new devices have been discovered (because it probably references the spoken words, and not a program number.

3. I then give the command "Alexa, Turn Exit Front On", and instead of the "OK" response, I get "There are multiple devices with the name "Exit Front", please.....

Has something changed? Is there a way to delete this old artifact from Alexa's list of spokens? I've done this many times before, and it's worked fine....but not in the past week.

I've already found the answer....Here's the new list of things to be done to ensure that there aren't duplicates....

1. I delete the old spoken at My.ISY.IO, and create a new spoken with the same "Spoken"....for instance "Exit Front" now uses a different program than what it used to.

2. In the Alexa PHONE app, Choose "Devices", then "Scenes", find the scenes that you're replacing, choose it, then delete (trash can at top)

3. I then ask Alexa to "Re-discover my devices", and after a minute or so, it'll tell me that no new devices have been discovered (because it probably references the spoken words, and not a program number.

Now Alexa finds new devices that are unique...problem solved.

Archived