ISY Portal Does Not Work

SteveSBE

I needed to move to the ISY Portal and have tried to set up IOS version of Mobilinc Pro on my iPhone XS Max (software version 13.7) to use that portal. However It has been unsuccessful. I worked with ISY support who have told me that my ISY Portal is set up properly. 

The Mobilinc app gives me the message "Mobilinc Disconnected Attempting to reconnect to ISY".  It also gives messages that it cannot connect and that I should change the settings. 

I have rebooted my modem, rebooted my router, rebooted my ISY, and rebooted my iPhone - once all at the same time and some devices several times more - but that has not fixed the issue. 

I can access the portal (https://my.isy.io/index.htm) via a browser on my iPhone. I can use it with the my.isy.io link functions. 

I attached several screens of the iPhone Mobilinc app's Controller settings I entered to change from using the Mobilinc portal to using the ISY Portal plus some resulting messages. (I've re-entered the password 3-4 times to make sure it was correct.)

How can this be resolved?   I was tempted to uninstall and reinstall Mobilinc Pro but the last time I had to do this for a similar problem I lost a lot of items that took me a good half day to recover...so that is my absolute last last resort.

Thanks,

Steve

Mobilinc Controller Settings and Messages.jpg

14 minutes ago, SteveSBE said:

I needed to move to the ISY Portal and have tried to set up IOS version of Mobilinc Pro on my iPhone XS Max (software version 13.7) to use that portal. However It has been unsuccessful. I worked with ISY support who have told me that my ISY Portal is set up properly. 

The Mobilinc app gives me the message "Mobilinc Disconnected Attempting to reconnect to ISY".  It also gives messages that it cannot connect and that I should change the settings. 

I have rebooted my modem, rebooted my router, rebooted my ISY, and rebooted my iPhone - once all at the same time and some devices several times more - but that has not fixed the issue. 

I can access the portal (https://my.isy.io/index.htm) via a browser on my iPhone. I can use it with the my.isy.io link functions. 

I attached several screens of the iPhone Mobilinc app's Controller settings I entered to change from using the Mobilinc portal to using the ISY Portal plus some resulting messages. (I've re-entered the password 3-4 times to make sure it was correct.)

How can this be resolved?   I was tempted to uninstall and reinstall Mobilinc Pro but the last time I had to do this for a similar problem I lost a lot of items that took me a good half day to recover...so that is my absolute last last resort.

Thanks,

Steve

Mobilinc Controller Settings and Messages.jpg

I also have a Iphone XS Max (IOS 14.0.1) and use Mobilinc Pro (so much better than Mobilinc X btw). What I noticed in your picture of the Mobilinc Pro settings, the ********* of the password does not show and in UUID of ISY it shows "Remote ISY"  instead of the actual UUID.

19 minutes ago, asbril said:

I also have a Iphone XS Max (IOS 14.0.1) and use Mobilinc Pro (so much better than Mobilinc X btw). What I noticed in your picture of the Mobilinc Pro settings, the ********* of the password does not show and in UUID of ISY it shows "Remote ISY"  instead of the actual UUID.

Yes...  The password field changed to a blank when I took a screen shot on the iPhone. I'm not sure why "Remote ISY" appears in that field vs. the actual UUID. I assumed that is the way the program worked. 

20 minutes ago, SteveSBE said:

Yes...  The password field changed to a blank when I took a screen shot on the iPhone. I'm not sure why "Remote ISY" appears in that field vs. the actual UUID. I assumed that is the way the program worked. 

Something is weird as the UUID  should populate automatically when everything else is right. What intrigues me is the "Remote ISY" which I have not seen before. Maybe someone else can chime in with an idea.

Hi @SteveSBE

Since the ISY Portal isn't our product, I can only offer limited help. But MobiLinc will show "Remote ISY" for the UUID until MobiLinc is able to establish the first successful connection to your ISY to read your ISY's UUID. Since MobiLinc can't get that initial connection, then there's an issue with the UDI Portal setup (default ISY may not be set on your account) or your ISY wasn't connected to the UDI Portal at the time of the screenshot. 

Wes

Archived