Last "set level" problem?

yardman 49

I'm trying to get my ISY set up, and am having some PLM problems that we are working through. But I also am starting to see a strange phenomenon with the ISY control. FYI, I'm running 2.4.12.

What happens is as follows: if I close the ISY GUI after having several "Cannot Communicate...." errors (due to what we think are PLM issues), sometimes when I go back into the GUI, I find that a dimmer or lamplinc has had the "On" value magically change to "0%", instead of where I left it at "100%".

Likewise, when going back into the GUI I sometimes find that the ramp rate has magically changed from 0.1 seconds to 9 minutes.

In none of these case had I ever actually changed the values. I was just toggling on or off, or querying the device. After getting failure messages, I would close the ISY GUI, and the browser window. And then when restarting the application, these errors would appear. Maybe only 10% of the time.

Has anyone else seen this??

Thanks

I am not sure about this one but here is my thought; that the device may have some old settings the system is picking up on.

Maybe doing device soft reset (pull the set button out 10 sec, push in and hold 5 sec) might help. Then go back to the ISY and right click on that device and do the "Restore Device". After that see if it still happens.

Again I am not sure about this answer but it won't hurt to try it.

I am not sure about this one but here is my thought; that the device may have some old settings the system is picking up on.

Maybe doing device soft reset (pull the set button out 10 sec, push in and hold 5 sec) might help. Then go back to the ISY and right click on that device and do the "Restore Device". After that see if it still happens.

Again I am not sure about this answer but it won't hurt to try it.

Hello Mark:

Been there already. I have already factory reset all of the devices, and removed links to all other devices.

This seems to only happen infrequently, but when it does, a communication error failure has usually occured prior to closing the GUI. That's why I wonder if the problem is with the way that the ISY application closes after an error occurs.

Best regards,

Best wishes

Archived