Checking ISY variable via Alexa now has gibberish before the value - Worked fine before

telljcl

I have a state variable that I ask Alexa the value of, and also tell her to set, which has worked perfectly for quite some time.

It is set as a "raise lower" device in the ISY portal, with 0 being "off" and 100 being "on".

I can say "What is xxxxx set to" or say "Set xxxxx to 85", and it worked perfectly.

A few days ago she started saying: xxxxx (the expected name) and then about 10 seconds of various characters and symbols read one at a time, very fast, then the percentage the variable is set to at the end.

Deleted the variable from Alexa, also from ISY portal, added back, still same thing. 

The value is reported or recorded into the ISY just fine, but Alexa reads it aloud with a gibberish description after the actual name I have it called in Alexa / ISY.

Any thoughts on why this is all of a sudden happening?

Thanks!

On 2/21/2021 at 4:23 PM, telljcl said:

I have a state variable that I ask Alexa the value of, and also tell her to set, which has worked perfectly for quite some time.

It is set as a "raise lower" device in the ISY portal, with 0 being "off" and 100 being "on".

I can say "What is xxxxx set to" or say "Set xxxxx to 85", and it worked perfectly.

A few days ago she started saying: xxxxx (the expected name) and then about 10 seconds of various characters and symbols read one at a time, very fast, then the percentage the variable is set to at the end.

Deleted the variable from Alexa, also from ISY portal, added back, still same thing. 

The value is reported or recorded into the ISY just fine, but Alexa reads it aloud with a gibberish description after the actual name I have it called in Alexa / ISY.

Any thoughts on why this is all of a sudden happening?

Thanks!

That's an interesting bug.

In the Alexa app, can you see the device state? 

If you see both the device name and the value correctly, I would think Amazon changed something that is causing this.

If the gibberish came through ISY Portal, it would have to be in the name, or the value. Other than that, it's coming from Amazon.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Benoit

8 minutes ago, bmercier said:

That's an interesting bug.

In the Alexa app, can you see the device state? 

If you see both the device name and the value correctly, I would think Amazon changed something that is causing this.

If the gibberish came through ISY Portal, it would have to be in the name, or the value. Other than that, it's coming from Amazon.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Benoit

Thanks for your response. 

Yes, device state is correct within Alexa app, and the name is normal as well. I've tried renaming it to something different, then back, and as mentioned, deleted it all from Alexa and ISY portal and re-added it all back - no change.

I hadn't changed anything when it started adding all these characters after the correct name of the device. About 3 or 4 days ago it started.

Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Still doing the same thing... Thought Amazon might resolve, but hasn't happened.

Will try changing from a "raise / lower' to an "open / close" and see if it is any different...

The value and state is always correct when looking at the Alexa app (or of course within the ISY), but verbal responses from Alexa when she calls the variable by name are what is corrupted.

1 hour ago, telljcl said:

Still doing the same thing... Thought Amazon might resolve, but hasn't happened.

Will try changing from a "raise / lower' to an "open / close" and see if it is any different...

The value and state is always correct when looking at the Alexa app (or of course within the ISY), but verbal responses from Alexa when she calls the variable by name are what is corrupted.

I just tried something similar and got the same gibberish before the asked for information.

"what's the current outdoor temperature set at"

"Current Outdoor Temperature AAAAAAAAAABaK7aQB5iAhHFsjakNwJlDKAAAAAAAAAC65J8WxFKqLutL2tYZ+B+nkwGCnJiJLheHpxqjgnQK7VpbbVm4OFuQ is 33 Percent"

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Archived